Monday, August 3, 2015

The Camping Trip (Chapter 1)

The bell rung to indicate the required students that lunch time had begun. Madeline walked in the hallways, mixed with oodles of teenagers, heading to the cafeteria. Almost out of nowhere, a hand grabbed Madeline's arm and dragged her away into the janitor's closet. A lean Caucasian boy with a green-dyed mohawk and a black leather vest closed the door from the inside.
"What do you think you're doing?" Madeline questioned, putting her hands on her hips.
The boy faced and approached her. "I need to talk to you."
When he was an inch away, he leaned in with no hesitation and locked his lips with Madeline's. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around her waist. After a good solid minute, they slowly let go of each other.
Madeline exhaled. "Good talk."
"I'm glad I had it with you," nodded the boy.
"A 'hello' would be good next time, Speed."
"I know, I'm sorry, Madeline. I just really want to keep this thing between us a secret."
"Me, too."
"Are you sure you haven't told anyone about us?"
"Positive. No one can ever know that the student body president of Laguna Beach High is seeing a misfit."
"Well, I don't want my friends to know that the awesome Speed is seeing the prissy Madeline."
Madeline laughed, making Speed laugh as well. "I need to go to lunch. I don't want a first warning for being late. You need to get to class."
"Hey, I'm always late so it doesn't really matter."
"Whatever. Open the door, please."
Speed pecked Madeline on the lips, making her smirk, before opening the closet door. He stuck his head out to see if anyone was watching. When the coast was clear, Speed stepped out of the closet and let Madeline out before shutting the door. The two went their separate ways as Madeline quickly walked down the hallway towards the cafeteria. Once she entered, the girls spotted her and Skye shouted out:
"Norm!"
Madeline chuckled as she sat down in her place of the table. "What's going on, guys?"
"Nothing much," answered Lizzie. "What was going on with you?"
"Oh, I was kissing Speed Jenkins in the janitor's closet."
"Again?" asked Andrea.
"Yep."
"You've been seeing him for about three weeks," said Debra. "Why doesn't he want to be seen in public with you again?"
"Because if his friends knew that we were hooking up, they'd tease him. But you can't blame him for liking me. I'm really likable."
"And you don't mind?" asked Andrea.
"No. I'm president, member of debate club. If I get caught canoodling with the boy who spray paints on walls, has detention almost every day and wears underwear above his pants, that would paste a bad image on me."
"So why are you with him?" asked Debra.
"Because he's so hot. Have you seen him? He has an earring. Ah, I love boys who wear jewelry."
Lizzie began to ask, "Aren't boys who wear jewelry--"
"He's not that type of boy. Trust me, I know."
"Well, congratulations for snagging the boy with a mugshot," said Skye.
"I bet his mugshot is cute."
"Of course. Is there anything else to talk about?"
"Oh, all the juniors are going on a camping trip tomorrow," responded Debra.
"Oh, yeah. Finally, I'll know what it's like to live as a bug."
"Gross," commented Lizzie.
"Yeah, it is."
"I can't wait to go camping," spilled Debra. "You know how much I love the outdoors."
"I've heard that they cut down the trees to make room for the camping," shared Madeline.
"What?! Those monsters! Now I don't want to go camping."
"There's no reason to take a stand," said Andrea. "They already cut down the trees."
"Relax, Debbie," said Lizzie. "It will be fun."
Debra slowly breathed in and out. "Sorry. I'm calm. You might be right; it'll be fun."
"It'll be so fun," Madeline agreed. "Especially since Speed is going to be there. Maybe we'll go deep in the forest and make out. Or sneak out into the lake and skinny dip. Who knows? I want to do something bad with him!"
"Do you hear yourself right now?" asked Skye. "You pick up trash from the ground and throw it away and it is never yours."
"Hey, littering is bad."
"It is, isn't it? Maybe you and Speed will do that on the trip."
"Oh, God, no!"

No comments:

Post a Comment