Wednesday, August 26, 2015

School's Out (Chapter 3)

A couple days later, the girls were at home, spending some quality time alone. However, they all made a plan in the past to video chat over the weekend around two in the afternoon. Once two hit, Madeline was the first to get on Skype. She opened her pink laptop, laying it down on her lap as she sat on her bed, and clicked on the application. She sent signals to all of her friends' accounts to remind them of their chat. In under five minutes, all of the girls turned on their web cameras and opened windows of each other to view one another.
"Good afternoon, ladies," greeted Madeline.
"'Sup, girls?" responded Skye.
"Hi," Andrea and Debra replied, waving.
"Hello?" called Lizzie.
"Lizzie, can you see us?" asked Madeline.
"Hello?"
"Lizzie," called Skye.
"Is anybody there? My screen froze. Hello?"
Madeline started, "Liz--"
"Hello?! Guys?"
"Lizzie."
"Hello?" Lizzie banged on the side of her laptop.
"Lizzie."
"Girls, can you hear me?"
"Can you hear me?"
"Hello?!"
"Lizzie!"
"Yes?"
"Can you hear me?"
"No."
"Try-- What do you mean, 'No'? You just heard me."
"Oh, yeah, I can hear you."
"Is your screen still frozen?"
"No, it's alright now."
"Okay. Let's move on, shall we?"
"We shall," replied Debra.
"Alright. Any ideas for any plans this summer?"
"Were we supposed to think of some?" asked Andrea.
"Yes."
"Okay."
"We could go to a concert," Skye recommended.
"Ooh, good idea! Somebody thought of something."
"Whatever, Maddie," said Andrea.
"What concert can we go to?"
"Well, Marilyn Manson is coming a state around here," Skye responded.
"Yeah, I don't think I want to see a zombie man with boobs showering me with blood and guts."
"His boobs weren't real."
"How about we see Taylor Swift?" insisted Lizzie.
"Yeah, we can see Taylor Swift once my foot falls off."
"So next week?"
"You guys, it has to be something we can all do," Madeline reminded.
"What about an amusement park?" inquired Andrea.
"You just came up with that five seconds ago?"
"You don't know what I do."
"Amusement parks are fun!" commented Lizzie.
"They don't seem so," Debra disagreed. "Everybody's screaming and crying when they get on the roller-coasters."
"Uh, that's the point," said Skye.
"Debbie, please don't tell me you don't like amusement parks," said Madeline.
"I just don't find them calming," spilled Debra.
"Because they're supposed to be exhilarating and heart racing. That's why people who fall in love go to the parks to play games and get on the roller-coasters to fall in love some more."
"I want to fall in love," admitted Lizzie.
"Yeah and people fall off roller-coasters and break their necks and backs," added Debra.
"I don't want to fall in love."
"That is what seat-belts are for," said Madeline. "Are you serious? And your argument isn't so calming."
"Hey, I'm calm," Debra lowered her voice.
"Come on, guys. Doesn't anybody want to do anything?"
"Not with you with that attitude," replied Andrea.
"I'm just frustrated."
"Then un-frustrate," demanded Lizzie. "Of course we want to do something. We're just all different and we get more different when the years go on."
"Lizzie's right, guys," agreed Skye. "For some reason."
"There's one thing we can do," said Madeline. "I know it."
"Well, while you figure out what that is," started Debra, "I'm going to go meditate... which is fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment