Friday, August 14, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Chapter 5)

After that incident, Madeline met up with her girlfriends at the mall. They went to a dress shop to shop early for prom next month. Madeline thought that shopping time was the right time to tell her friends about what she did.
"Guys, you will not believe this," she started.
"You're pregnant," Lizzie guessed.
"No."
"With twins?"
"No! Remember how I asked Jackson to the prom?"
"Yeah, he rejected you," responded Andrea.
"Yes. Well, he changed his mind and wants to go to the prom with me."
"And you accepted?" asked Debra.
"Yes."
"Well, that's good."
"No, it's bad."
"Bad?"
"Yeah because before I agreed to go with him, I called Terry from Fake Cabo and asked him to go with me."
"And he said yes?" asked Andrea.
"Yes."
"No."
"Madeline, why did you agree to go to prom with Jackson if you're going with Terry?" questioned Skye.
"I don't know," replied Madeline. "I just always wanted to go out with Jackson so when he felt the same way, I said sure without thinking."
"You're smarter than this, Maddie," commented Debra.
"I know, I know. I feel awful."
"Then tell Jackson you can't go with him," said Skye.
"Oh, no, I can't do that."
"Then tell Terry."
"I can't do that either."
"Why not?"
"I don't want to hurt their feelings. I'll seem like a jerk."
"You are a jerk."
"I know but I don't want to sound like one."
"Well, you're going to hurt their feelings when they find out they're sharing a date," said Debra.
"Ah, I know. I'll figure out a way to tell them. Trust me."
"I can't believe that you and Kevin are getting back together," Lizzie told Andrea.
"We are not getting back together," said Andrea. "We're just going to prom together and talk about getting back together."
"Oh, you know how boys hate to talk," joked Skye.
Andrea giggled. "Well, we're going to have to if he wants a piece of Candy Andy."
Madeline looked through a rack of sparkly dresses. "Yeah, girl!"
"Skye, how do you feel about finally asking Jeffrey to the prom?"
"I don't know," she answered. Skye started to look at one of the racks in the store. "But I'm actually really excited."
"I'm sorry, are you Skye?" said Madeline.
"Seriously, I'm genuinely excited to go to prom."
"So you changed your mind about the itchy, sweaty prom?"
"Yeah, I did."
"Oh, that's so great to hear!" squealed Lizzie. "I want to help you pick a dress, Skye. How about a pink, fluffy--"
"Now stop right there. I will not wear pink anything."
"You have pink hair."
"So I don't have to wear it."
"Oh, ex-squeeze me."
"Just shows that some people don't really change," said Madeline.
"Which can be a good thing," said Skye, "except for you, Maddie the liar."
"I do not lie!"
"Oh, please, your nose is growing."

No comments:

Post a Comment