Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Part 2) (Chapter 5)

After almost a half an hour passed, Warren parted ways with the brunette. He walked towards Lizzie who waited for him as he conversed with the attractive girl.
"Hey, what took you so long?" she asked. "Who was she? Was she really looking at me?"
"That was my ex-girlfriend, Dawn."
"So she wasn't looking at me. Why were you talking to her so long? Did you forget about me?"
"No, it's just that... she was talking about getting back together."
"Well, that's not going to happen. You're with me."
"Yeah, that's the thing. I think I want to get back together with her."
Lizzie's smile faded away. "Why? You can't; you're my boyfriend."
"We've been only going out for a few months."
"A few months is long. Kim Kardashian was married to Kris Jenner for a few months. Longest time of my life."
"Kris Humphries. Listen, Lizzie, I like you but I still have feelings for Dawn. I always have. That's why I can't lead you on, Lizzie. I have to listen to my heart. I'm really sorry."
He kissed Lizzie on the cheek before walking off. She stared in grief at Warren locking arms with his new girlfriend.
"I don't know if I should listen to my heart right now because my head is saying a lot of bad words," she said to herself.

Madeline sat by herself at an empty table while watching her friends on the dance floor. Lizzie and Andrea found each other and decided to hang out together since they lost their dates. Meanwhile, Skye had fun with her official boyfriend while Debra was having a good time with Kyle. Madeline was happy that her friends were happy but was envious as well. She wished that she could have had fun with someone on her first night at junior prom. She began to wander her eyes throughout the whole gymnasium to observe happy couples and smiling groups of companions. She then gazed at the open entrance and suddenly spotted a boy entering. He was familiar to Madeline's eyes. He had short dark hair and pasty skin and was clad in a navy blue suit with a black tie. Madeline's eyes widened, realizing it was Terry from Fake Cabo. She jumped out of her chair and zipped towards Terry as fast as a lightning bolt. He looked at her once she stopped three inches away from him.
"Hi, Terry," Madeline greeted.
"Hi, Madeline," Terry responded.
"W-What are you doing here?"
"Well, since I received a ticket and bought a dapper suit before you broke the news to me, I thought why waste such things. So I'm here for a good time and a new pretty lady. Where's your date?"
"I told him I couldn't do it. I felt bad for bringing him to the prom when I promised to bring you."
"You felt bad?"
"Yeah because I've been wanting to go out with Jackson for so long and I was finally given the chance. But I didn't consider your feelings which was cruel of me. I was dumb to even think that what we had was only a one-time deal because I really liked you."
"I really liked you, too, until you hurt me."
"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to."
"Well, I can't be mad at you forever, superstar. You're too pretty."
Madeline giggled. "You're prettier than me right now. Your suit is wow!"
Terry smiled. "Thank you."
The two looked away from each other and let the soft rock song by Ed Sheeran from the speakers sink into their ears. They then looked at each other again.
"Do you forgive me enough to take a dance with me?" asked Madeline.
"Yes, I do," answered Terry.
Terry held out his hand for Madeline to grab. He led her out into the center of the floor and turned to face her. Madeline placed her hands on Terry's shoulders while he placed his hands on her waist. They rocked slowly from side to side while staring deep into each other's eyes.

"Sixty degrees outside in Laguna Beach while it's eighty-five degrees inside its school," stated Skye to her sitting friends. "Oh, yep, there's a contrast."
"I can't believe Warren dumped me for his ex-girlfriend," shared Lizzie. "But it makes sense because she's so much prettier than me."
"She's not prettier than you, Liz'," said Madeline.
"You've seen her before?"
"No. But that doesn't mean she's prettier than you. I'm sure you're way prettier than her."
"Thank you, Mads."
"You don't need Warren, Lizzie," said Andrea. "He's an idiot just like Kevin. And if he doesn't stay fifty feet away from me, I'm going to cause some serious problems."
"Don't let him get to you, Andrea," said Debra. "It's prom; have fun."
"Oh, don't worry, I'm having fun. I just can't believe he would even look at that turd monster."
"Hey, name calling isn't nice," reminded Lizzie. "At least Pamela didn't steal him away like how that sea creature stole Warren away from me."
"Yeah, sea creature is the nicest name you can give somebody."
"Why are you guys making it sound like all guys are terrible?" asked Skye. "There are some good ones like Jeffrey."
"Ooh, defending your boyfriend, Jeffrey?" Madeline asked. "I'm sorry, not-your-boyfriend, Jeffrey."
"Actually, I can't say that he isn't my boyfriend."
"You made it 'offish'?" asked Lizzie with wide eyes.
"I made it offish."
"Oh!" uttered Madeline. "Make it rain, make it rain!"
"Skye has a boyfriend, Skye has a boyfriend," sang Lizzie.
"I was afraid you would do that," said Skye.
"Oh, what is it like to be off the market?" asked Andrea.
"Uh, my life is pretty much the same. I just have to use certain words now like, 'I'm a girlfriend'."
"Yes, you are," grinned Madeline.
"I'm very happy for you, Skye," commented Debra. "And you were right: not all guys are terrible. Kyle obviously has a crush on me but fully comprehends that we can only be just friends."
"Oh, but he's not going to treat you like a friend if he likes you," said Andrea. "More love letters coming soon."
"He's not going to give me any more love letters even though I liked them."
The girls turned their heads when they heard the front door open. They saw Terry holding the door, looking right at Madeline.
"Pretty lady, are you gonna keep me waiting?" he asked.
"Maybe, maybe not," Madeline responded.
"Take your time. But I would like another dance if it doesn't bother."
"Hmm... okay."
Madeline stood up and shook her big dress to get any dirt off. She waved goodbye to her friends before walking towards Terry who held the door open for her.
"Don't Marvin Gaye and get it on!" called Lizzie before Terry let the door close. She looked at her friends and said, "Let's pray they don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment