Tuesday, August 25, 2015

School's Out (Chapter 2)

Once second period was over, every teenager in Laguna Beach High School was let go. A whole bunch of students ran out to immediately start their summer break. Madeline walked out with her friends at a moderate pace after meeting up with them on the inside. They sat down on a bench of cement blocks beside the school in no rush to leave.
"I waited for this day to come," confessed Madeline.
"Everybody loves a Friday," Lizzie commented.
"But I'm going to miss my teachers and fellow classmates. Also the pop quizzes and group work."
"What kind of person are you?" asked Skye.
"A person with a future."
"Don't worry, Madeline," said Lizzie. "You'll have to deal with quizzes and teachers next year."
Andrea groaned. "Don't even say, 'next year'. I'm so glad to even be let out of that prison."
"More like a resort," Madeline disagreed.
"Yeah, prison."
"I sorta agree with Andy," shared Debra. "Summer break is plenty of time for me to do more meditation."
"You're going to meditate all summer?" asked Madeline.
"Yeah, it's what I love."
"Do you want to do something better?"
"Better than meditating?"
"Yeah. Summer break is basically a time where we can do whatever we want together."
"You're right. You guys can meditate with me."
"I'm sorry but is meditating like taking medicine for leisure?" asked Lizzie.
"No."
"Then yeah, we can totes meditate together!"
"No," said Madeline. "I was thinking of something more fun."
"Isn't meditation fun?" Lizzie asked Debra.
"Yes," Debra answered.
"Debra said yes."
"I mean something actually fun," Madeline clarified. "I want our summers to be better than the last because next year, we'll be seniors and after that, we'll be college freshmen. There's a chance we won't go to the same college."
"How do you know we'll all be able to become seniors next year?" asked Andrea.
"Because I believe in you, Andrea."
"Oh, you do?"
"Yeah... sometimes."
Andrea frowned while glowing an evil look from her eyes.
"I don't want to be a freshman again," admitted Lizzie. "Everybody made fun of my nose."
"It's college, Lizzie," said Skye. "I'm pretty sure everybody will make fun of something else on your body."
"We don't have to worry about college now," stated Madeline. "What we can worry about is how much fun we're having together."
"But what if I want to have fun with my family?" asked Debra.
"How much fun we're having together."
"You're kinda right," Skye agreed. "Does anybody want to get some lunch?"
"Oh, that sounds like a splendid idea, Skye."
"Thanks. Let's go to Panera Bread. Madeline's treat."

No comments:

Post a Comment