Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Part 2) (Chapter 1)

The girls woke up over the weekend individually on the day of the most significant event in their teenage lives: prom. They all had different routines planned on that day. They all, of course, brushed their teeth and washed their faces. Steps of their morning routines were different, which included showering and shaving. The day before, the girls agreed to chat with each other on Skype. So when nine A.M. hit, the girls grabbed their laptops and clicked on the application so they could communicate with each other via web camera.
"Bonjour, mes amis," Madeline greeted. "Today's the day."
"Flag day?" inquired Lizzie.
"No, prom."
"Oh, yeah. That, too!"
Madeline rolled her eyes and smiled.
"I'm excited," shared Debra, wrapping a small piece of brown paper on a lock of her frizzy, red hair.
"Debbie, what are you doing?" asked Andrea.
"I'm straightening my hair."
"With a paper bag?"
"I can't use a curling iron. It requires electricity."
"So does microwaves," said Skye.
"That's why I eat a lot of salads."
"I can tell," noticed Lizzie. "You look really lean, Debra."
"Thank you."
"I didn't go on any diets," admitted Andrea. "I'm going tanning later anyway. Also, guys like a little meat in the packaging."
"When you say, 'guys', do you mean Kevin?" asked Madeline, strategically taking out a roller from her rolled-up blonde hair.
"Possibly."
"He's going to love the way you look," promised Lizzie.
"He should. If he doesn't, others will."
"But he will. He still has feelings for you so it's obvious he's been thinking about you."
"Or no one actually wants him but Andy," guessed Skye, curling a lock of her blonde hair with a straightening iron.
"Skye Carter, are you curling your hair?" asked Madeline with a smug look.
"Shut up."
"Are you trying to look extra nice for Jeffrey?" asked Lizzie.
"No. Jeffrey doesn't care what I look like. Besides, it's prom so of course I'm curling my hair."
"But if you've never met Jeffrey, you'd probably go as yourself," Madeline surmised.
"Please, I'm going as myself. I'll just look different."
"Speaking of dates, who will be your date to the prom, Maddie?" questioned Andrea, drying her hair with a white towel.
Madeline answered, "Jackson... and Terry."
"Madeline," Debra cocked her head.
"I just couldn't tell them."
"Madeline, you can't go to the prom with two dates," said Lizzie. "That's like putting ham and turkey in your sandwich."
"I know. I'm a horrible person."
"You're not a horrible person," said Skye. "You're just not a good person."
"Madeline, you need to pick one and tell the other that you can't go with him," ordered Debra.
"I don't want to hurt any of their feelings," confessed Madeline.
"Well, you should've thought of that before you decided to not tell the truth to Jackson."
"Uh!"
Andrea took a glimpse of her underarm. "Can you tweeze armpit hair?"

No comments:

Post a Comment