Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Part 2) (Chapter 4)

Meanwhile, the couples separately dealt with each other while on the dance floor. Lizzie slow-danced with her boyfriend, Warren, to the sweet pop song, "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes. While trying to feel comfortable with her arms wrapped around his neck, she spotted a pretty girl with brown hair and a long, ruby dress from afar eyeing her.
"Uh, Warren?" Lizzie scrunched her eyebrows.
"Yeah, Lizzie?" he responded.
"There's a girl feet behind you and she's looking at me pretty hard."
Warren turned his head. When he saw the girl, his eyes widened.
"She's probably looking at you. But if she's looking at me, it's a compliment, right? Even though I like boys?"
"Uh, can I break away for a minute?" Warren asked, looking at Lizzie.
"Sure."
"I'll be right back."
The two released each other so Warren can walk over to the mystery girl who seemed happy to see him. Lizzie stood still and watched the two make conversation.

"Have I told you yet how I missed your smile?" asked Kevin.
Hearing that made Andrea flash her white, straight teeth between her glittery, glossy lips in a grin for him.
"Your laugh..."
Andrea giggled seductively.
"Your accent..."
"Oh, muchacho, estás tan loco."
"But most of all, I just missed being with you. You make me happy, Andrea. You're the only girl who can make me happy."
"Aw." Andrea then closed her eyes and puckered her lips to insinuate that she wanted a kiss.
Kevin leaned in but got distracted when he saw Pamela, a member of the Cow Belles, talking to Mauricia while wearing a fitting, flowing red dress with silver glitter. Mauricia wore the same type of dress except the dress was silver with red glitter.
"Kevin, are you still there?" Andrea asked with her eyes still closed.
"Yeah," he began to pay attention to his date. But his eyes still twitched at Pamela.
Andrea opened her eyes and turned her head. "What are you looking at?"
Kevin grabbed Andrea's head and turned it to him. "You, baby. Just you."
"Kev', don't lie to me." Andrea turned her head and saw Pamela with Mauricia feet away from her. "Were you looking at Pamela?"
"McAdams? No, of course not."
"Kevin, if I see you looking at her, problems will be present."
Pamela heard her name coming from Andrea's mouth so she decided to approach her.
"Oh, don't you look like an oversized sponge cake," she commented with a smile.
Andrea glared at Pamela. "Can you not mess with me? I'm trying to have a conversation with my date at prom."
"You look beautiful, Pamela," Kevin shared.
"Why thank you," Pamela grinned while posing.
Andrea stared at Kevin. "Kevin, what did I say about looking at her?"
"Don't hate because your boy rather try a cherry than be stuck with a rotten cantaloupe."
Andrea pursed her lips in anger. She reached towards the nearby snack table and picked up the ladle from the clear bowl of red fruit punch. She shook it so there would be no punch present on the ladle. She then walked towards Pamela with the ladle raised like a sword. Witnessing Andrea's serious glare and her handling of the punch ladle frightened Pamela, making her run away before damage was done.
Kevin snatched the ladle out of Andrea's hand. "Andrea, you can't beat someone with a punch ladle," he said.
"I wouldn't have to if you weren't making googly eyes at Miss Congeniality over there, you bag of douche. Stay away from me or I will shove that ladle in a place on your body so far up that you will never be able to get it out."
Andrea spun 180 degrees before marching away from Kevin. He dropped his shoulders and sighed, realizing his mistake.

"I'm thirsty," confessed Jeffrey to Skye. "Do you want me to get you some punch?"
"Sure... buddy."
"Buddy?"
"Buddy means friend."
"I know what 'buddy' means. What, am I just your friend?"
"Well, you're not my boyfriend."
"Why?"
"Because we've never discussed it."
"Did we have to?"
"I don't know. Yes?"
"Were you going to make the first move?"
"I thought you were getting me punch."
"Skye, if you want me, tell me. You know how I feel about you but I'm not going to keep making the moves. So tell me who am I or I'm gonna get you some punch and be your friend forever."
Skye squinted her eyes while looking deep into Jeffrey's eyes. "You're stern today."
"This outfit gave me a lot of power."
"Jeffrey..." She sighed. "You are my boyfriend."
"So that makes you my girlfriend?"
She rolled her eyes. "Yes."
"Awesome."
Jeffrey squeezed Skye who smiled and squeezed him back.
"Now punch?" joked Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment