Friday, August 14, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Chapter 4)

The next day, after school, Madeline stood by the bulletin board and pulled out her cellphone. She was a bit upset about her crush, Jackson, rejecting her prom proposal. So she started thinking about who could be her date. After deciding who she could ask out, she thought about asking out Terry, a distant friend that she once had a fling with. So before leaving school, she called Terry's phone number.
"Hello?" he picked up.
"Hey, Terry," she said.
"Hey, pretty lady."
"Oh, stop."
"You called me just in time. School just ended for me. What's going on?"
"Nothing. I just wanted to ask you a question."
"Shoot."
"Prom is coming up and I don't have a date. I could've snatched one up but you're on my mind, like, all the time. So I was wondering if I could buy you a ticket and you could drive out here and get it so you could be my date."
"Madeline, of course. I would love to be your date for the prom."
"Fantastic! Call me again?"
"Sure thing, pretty lady."
"Oh, stop calling me that."
"Does it bother you?"
"No, 'stop calling me that' is girl language for 'keep calling me that'."
"Okay. Bye."
"Later."
Madeline hung up with a smile on her face. After pushing the phone in her pocket, she was ready to head out. However, she stopped when she heard a boy call her name. She turned around to see Jackson running up to her.
"Oh, hi, Jackson," she greeted him. "What's up?"
"Prom is what's up," he responded. "I change my mind. I want to go with you to prom."
"Jackson, what's with the decision?"
"I came to a realization that I shouldn't mope around and think being alone will help me become a better person. Somebody likes me. Somebody cool and beautiful likes me. I thought I should take a risk and see where this goes. Therefore, I want to go to the prom with you."
Madeline froze, making Jackson feel a bit confused. "Oh, Jackson, I'm so glad," she eventually said through a grin.
Jackson smiled. "You are? Phew, I thought you were going to reject me."
"Nope, not at all."
"Hey, I'll call you?"
"Sure."
"Alright. See you later."
"Later."
Jackson walked by Madeline out the doors feeling really confident. Madeline, on the other hand, was feeling the opposite.
"What did I do?" she said, dropping her grin, bearing her teeth out of terror.

No comments:

Post a Comment