Friday, August 28, 2015

School's Out (Chapter 5)

A few days after, the girls arrived at Samantha's house with swimsuits under their stylish outfits. They were let in by one of her friends and walked through the inside of her house towards the back door. Out the door was the party which was full of twenties of teenagers: half were on the sidelines, half were in the big, blue pool.
"Where should we sit?" asked Debra, looking around.
"I see an empty beach chair," pointed Lizzie.
"We're just gonna sit in one chair?" questioned Skye.
"It's not like we're fat, Skye," said Madeline.
"Why don't we just use the chair for our clothes and take a dip?" suggested Andrea.
"I feel like it's too early to take a dip."
"It's not too early. If it's hot, be cold."
"Alright."
The girls walked through the crowd of swimsuit-clad people and stopped by the only empty chair. They dropped their bags on it and started to take off their shirts, shorts, skirts and sandals.
"Whoo! Take it off!" hollered a strange guy from the distance.
"In your dreams!" Andrea hollered back.
"But we are taking stuff off," said Lizzie.
"Whatever, Lizzie," said Madeline. "It's over with."
The girls, now in their bathing suits, walked together towards the end of the pool to chill by the shallow side. Lizzie and Debra walked down the steps into the pool while Skye sat down on the edge then dunked herself into the water. Madeline and Andrea just sat on the edge.
"I love pools," remarked Lizzie. "They're like oceans but smaller and without fish."
"I love pools, also, Lizzie," agreed Madeline. "In fact we should go to a pool every week."
"We could," started Andrea, "but all I'm going to do at the pool is tan."
"So you're going to stop putting on self-tanner when we go to the pool," inquired Skye.
"No, I don't want to be pale going out of the house."
"Well, we need to do something together that involves physical activity," said Madeline.
"Why do you keep bugging us about the same old thing?" asked Skye.
"I'm not bugging you."
"You kinda are," said Lizzie.
"Why, I never."
"No, you do."
"I mean I'm offended that you would say 'bug'. I'm not trying to bug you all. I just want us to spend more time together."
"It's not like we're busy every day," said Skye.
"I know but one day, it's going to change."
"What do you mean, Madeline?" asked Debra.
"I mean we're all getting older. And once we leave school, who knows what type of colleges we'll get into. We'll drift apart and there will be no more us."
"I never really thought about us actually splitting up," admitted Andrea.
"But we should because it could happen."
"I don't want to stop being friends with you all," said Lizzie.
"And we hang out almost all the time anyway," reminded Skye, "so it's not like we'll part tomorrow. So maybe you should try to chill on the planning."
"Maybe you're right," said Madeline. "Maybe I've been a little edgy."
"More like very edgy," shared Andrea.
"Or just crazy," added Skye.
"Very crazy," Lizzie commented.
"I think 'obsessed' is the word," said Debra.
"Alright, guys," said Madeline, putting her hands up. "Geez, I said I was edgy. It's not like I need a straitjacket."
"Too bad," said Andrea. "You'd look good in one."
"You think so?"

No comments:

Post a Comment