Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pump Up the Prom (Chapter 2)

A few days later, the girls were in school, getting their education. After third period, lunchtime had started. Students used the time to put their books in their lockers before walking to the cafeteria. Madeline skipped putting her books away to approach her crush, Jackson. She had a crush on Jackson before but got over it when she found out that he had a girlfriend. But hearing that he's newly single, she decided to go for it. She practically followed him all the way to his locker. When he dumped his books in there, she sprinted up to him.

"Hey, Jackson," she greeted with a smile.

Jackson closed his locker. "Hey, Madeline."

"How are you?"

"Good. How are you?"

"Very good. How's soccer?"

"Really good."

"That's good! You know, I go to a soccer game once in a while just to cheer you on."

"You do?"

"Of course. I'm the one who calls out, 'Whoop, Jackson!'"

"You're the 'Whoop, Jackson!' girl?"

"Can you believe it?"

Jackson chuckled.

"So... prom's coming up."

"Yeah."

"Since I don't have a date and you don't have a date hopefully, I was wondering, would you like to have the best time of your life by going to prom with me?"

"Oh, Madeline, I'm flattered. But I was just gonna go there by myself."

"Great! Do you think you can pick me-- What?"

"I don't want a date for the prom. I've been enjoying the time of being single so I was going to go to prom with a few friends. Sorry."

Madeline paused. "Don't be sorry, Jackson. It's okay. Being single can be really fun. Trust me, I'm very single. Don't worry about it, alright?"

"Thanks, Madeline."

Jackson walked away with Madeline looking at the back of him.

"What do I look like where guys say no so easily?" she asked herself.



Meanwhile, Lizzie met up with her boyfriend, Warren. She usually greets him before going to lunch since they don't have the same lunch period to talk. But Lizzie expected to get her "ask" during the time she was required. She greeted Warren with a hug and a grin.

"How are you?" she asked. "What's going on?"

"I'm doing good," he answered. "It's been a good day. How have you been?"

"Jolly like Santa Claus."

"Oh, you're going to give me a Christmas present?"

"Oh, Warren, you're so crazy! Am I supposed to?"

"No, forget it."

"Okay. So have you heard?"

"About what?"

"You know, prom."

"Oh, yeah. Yes, I've heard."

"You've heard?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Did you know it's an event in high school where teenagers dance and socialize?"

"Yes, Lizzie."

"Okay. Lots of people think it's important. I don't really care; I just want to go."

"Okay."

"Yep."

"Do you want to go?"

"Where?"

"To prom?"

"Yeah, I just said that."

"No, I mean do you want to go with me?"

"Oh! Oh, Warren, this is all so sudden. Are you sure you're ready?"

"Lizzie--"

"Don't speak anymore! I will go with you."

"Great! Thank you."

"You are so welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment