Thursday, July 30, 2015

U.F.No's (Chapter 5)

Andrea shook Lizzie who fell asleep on her bed the opposite way.
"Wake up, Lizzie," she demanded.
Lizzie quickly opened her eyes.
"Come on, you wanted to do this. If aliens did exist -- which they don't -- and they happened to appear out that window, you'd be the one to miss it."
Lizzie lifted herself up and sat up on the edge of the bed.
"Lizzie, I've been looking through this telescope forever," said Madeline. "I don't think any aliens are going to come."
"You just have to be patient," said Lizzie, rubbing her eye. "They'll come, I know it."
"Oh, there are plenty of things you don't know."
"This slumber party is boring," Skye commented.
"You're telling me," agreed Andrea, sitting by Skye.
"This is not a slumber party," said Lizzie. "This is a social gathering for discovering aliens."
"Well, next time, can you gather other people socially for this? Because there are tons of weird people who believe in aliens."
"You guys are my friends. I rather do this with no one else. Besides, if I believe in something, so should you."
"Lizzie's right," said Debra. "Stop picking on her. You know, there was a time where I thought I was an alien."
"What happened?"
"I began to make more sense."
Lizzie sighed.
"Wow, Saturn is really beautiful when you get to look at it like this," remarked Madeline.
"You are not here to look at Saturn, alright? Let me look myself." Lizzie slid off the bed and picked up the binoculars from the floor. She stood next to Madeline and put the ends of the binoculars on her eyes while viewing the window.
"See any aliens yet?" asked Skye.
"No but I see two kids trying to trespass my fence. Ugh, sometimes, having neighbors can be a real disadvantage."
Lizzie removed the binoculars from her eyes and tucked her bangs behind her ears. Her friends, almost gradually, took a look at Lizzie who had black, smudged rings around her eyes. They all snickered and giggled, trying to hold in laughs which became noticeable anyway.
"What's so funny?" Lizzie asked.
"Inside joke," responded Skye. "It's really inside."
"Aw, how come I don't know about the inside joke?"
"You'll know sooner or later."
Madeline sighed. "You guys crack me up," she mumbled. She continued looking into the telescope.
"I don't understand why the aliens aren't back," said Lizzie. "They were sure having fun stalking me that one time."
"That's weird."
"What's wrong, Maddie?" asked Debra.
"I see something strange in the sky."
"What do you mean by strange?" questioned Skye.
"As in out of place. I don't know, it's just unusual and freaky."
Lizzie gasped. "It might be the U.F.O.: Unusual Freaky Oval. It makes sense."
"Okay, that is not what U.F.O. means," said Skye. "It's probably one of Jupiter's moons."
"Oh, this is not a moon," said Madeline. "It's coming closer."
The girls stood by Madeline and looked out the window.
"What is that?" questioned Debra.
Suddenly, a big, bright green light shot through the window, startling the girls and making them all back up. The light started to blow the girls' hair back as it almost covered the entire room. The girls stared at the window in fear until two separate fuzzy lights began to form right in front of them. The white lights slowly became more solid and started to resemble human bodies. The transparent bodies began to transform into identical organisms who were as tall as most of the girls but had green skin, bulbous heads and metallic apparel. They stood fearless before the girls. The unbelievable sight of them made Skye pass out and fall on the floor.
"Greetings, earthlings," one of them uttered in a nasal voice.
The girls stood still and speechless.
"'Sup?" Andrea spit out nervously.
"We have been anticipating our arrival to settle into this intriguing structure," the alien continued. "I am Zebob and this is my partner, Zimeeb."
"I'm not going to remember those names," admitted Lizzie.
"I can't help to notice that one of your partners have fallen."
"Yeah, that's Skye," said Madeline, glancing at her. "She doesn't really... do that."
"Unusual."
"I can define 'unusual'."
"We are here to communicate with you earthlings to wheedle us into civilizing in this interesting planet called Earth," said Zimeeb.
"Sorry but we have enough civilians," replied Andrea. "We don't need anymore. There is not enough space."
"We can make space. All we have to do is demolish a few dwellings to make room for our space ship. I must remind Zebob and I to not live where you live as we might have a bear problem."
"Bear? No, you did not just say 'bear'." Andrea walked closer to the aliens. "I'm not a bear. Do you understand me? See, I don't care if y'all are aliens. I will tolerate this kind of behavior from some ugly toads who think they can--"
Zebob poked Andrea on the chest with his pointy finger which created a zapping sound. Once Andrea was poked, she silenced and swooned, falling backwards into Debra's arms. The girls stared at Andrea's unconscious body in horror and shock.
"Coming, daddy!" yelled Debra, turning her head. She dropped Andrea and ran right out of the door.
"Her dad isn't here," Lizzie whispered.
"We did not expect this kind of rudeness to come from such earthlings," said Zebob. "Perhaps we should annihilate you beings in order to settle on the earth peacefully."
"No, please, sir," pleaded Madeline, clasping Lizzie's hands. "Don't annihilate us."
"We have so much to live for," shared Lizzie. "I'm still waiting for that Justin Bieber album to drop."
"What is wrong with your eyes?" asked Zimeeb. "Are you a human raccoon?"
"Uh, yeah, she is," Madeline responded. "Stay back or she'll bite you and give you rabies. You wouldn't want that, would you?"
"I don't have rabies," said Lizzie. "What are you talking about? What are they talking about?"
"Oh, we pity you earthlings," said Zebob. "You two absolutely have nothing to live for."
"That's not true," said Madeline. "Not true at all. Please, sir, if we prove to you that we're useful, will you let us go?"
"I don't see why not."
"Excellent. What can we do? What should we do?"
"We could sing," recommended Lizzie.
"Sing a song! That's good, Lizzie. What should we sing?"
"What's that song we know?"
"We know a bunch of songs."
"Yeah but what's the one we know?"
"Are we really having this conversation? I don't know. Uh... how about..."
"'Save Your Soul'!"
"'Who Will Save Your Soul'! Yeah, that's good. Okay, ready? One, two..."
The girls began to sing off-key nearly in unison:
Who will save your soul 
When it comes to the flower
Who will save your soul 
After all the lies that you told, boy
Who will save your soul 
If you won't save your own
La-la-da-da-da, la-la-da-da-da
If you won't save your oh-oh-own
"Fascinating," remarked Zebob.
"Very fascinating," agreed Zimeeb.
"You two have surely proven to us that you are useful. Don't you think that they will love them back home, Zimeeb?"
"Definitely, Zebob. They could be the galaxy's singing strippers."
"Strippers?!" Madeline and Lizzie said at the same time, leaning back.
"Come now," ordered Zebob. "We don't wish to settle on Earth anymore nor destroy it. You two will keep everyone entertained back on Planet Xidee."
The aliens grasped Madeline and Lizzie by the arms and attempted to drag them towards the window.
"That can't be our only option," said Madeline, trying to keep her feet in one place on the ground.
"Please, Mister Zimbabwe, don't make us go," begged Lizzie.
"Don't make us go, please."
"I don't want to be a stripper. I'm afraid of getting probed. Oh, Lord, please. Zachary, Jim Bob, don't make us go. Why do the strippers sing?"

Andrea shook Lizzie who fell asleep on her bed the opposite way.
"Wake up, Lizzie," she demanded.
Lizzie quickly opened her eyes, widening them and moving them around.
"Come on, you wanted to do this. If aliens did exist -- which they don't -- and they happened to appear out that window, you'd be the one to miss it."
Lizzie lifted herself up and sat up on the edge of the bed. "Oh, girls, I had this terrible dream. The aliens came and tried to abduct us. Good thing it wasn't real because I would've had to change my name to Sugarplum Duchess Banks Avenue."
"I swear, Lizzie. You stopped making sense since 2009."
"Did you see anything yet?"
"Nope, nothing," answered Madeline. "But I did see two little kids trying to jump over your fence. That was sort of funny."
From afar, the girls could hear the doorbell. Out of curiosity, they got up and left the bedroom. They walked through the hallway and stopped by the stairs as they could see Lizzie's mother answering the door from below. Outside of the door was an older blonde woman wearing a white bathrobe and slippers.
"Hello, Liza," greeted Lizzie's mom. "What are you doing here at this hour?"
"I caught my boys trying to break into your yard."
"Oh, no."
"Oh, yes. They supposedly left their silver frisbee there while playing. They said it got stuck on your roof then fell. I am terribly sorry and may I have that frisbee back?"
"Of course, Liza."
"Thank you so much. And I will certainly get my sons to write apology letters to you."
The girls stared at Lizzie who wandered her eyes from them.
"A frisbee," said Skye. "The U.F.O. was a frisbee. I told you it was all in your mind."
"No, you said it was either the moon or a balloon," responded Lizzie, "so who's the fool? And keep your binoculars away from me."
Lizzie walked back into the hallway while the girls exchanged looks as they knew of the planned binocular prank.

No comments:

Post a Comment