Tuesday, July 21, 2015

XBF4E (Chapter 4)

Within the two days after, the girls registered themselves, along with Lizzie and Andrea, into the Friendship Forever program as an attempt to reunite them. So one day, they brought Lizzie to a classroom on the first floor after school. To make sure she came, they told her that they were all going to do something other than attend the program. Madeline opened the door to the classroom, letting the girls enter before she did. They stood by the door as they were greeted by a tall gentleman, standing up from his chair that settled in a circle of chairs mostly filled with teenage people.
"Welcome, new members," he gave a friendly grin.
"Hello," Madeline greeted back.
"Oh, are we going to play Musical Chairs?" asked Lizzie.
"No, take a seat, Liz'," said Debra.
The girls sat down in the empty chairs of the circle right next to each other.  
"Did your friends not tell you yet why you're here?" asked the guy.
"Uh, they told me that we were visiting a teacher in a wheelchair," Lizzie responded. "But I see nobody in a wheelchair. Everybody's legs seem to work."
"Would one of you like to tell her?"
"Lizzie, there is no teacher in a wheelchair," said Madeline.
"Are you saying that they don't exist?" asked Lizzie.
"No, I'm saying we lied to you."
"Oh, phooey. Why did you lie?"
"Because we love you," answered Debra.
"But I love you and I don't lie to you."
Their attention turned to the door when it opened and entered Andrea.
"Hey, girls," she greeted with hesitation. "Where's the teacher in a wheelchair?"
"Aw, why don't you take a seat?" requested the guy.
"Why? Is this a cult?"
"No, Andy, it's a program," said Madeline.
"For what?"
"Well, we're tired of you and Lizzie constantly fighting and ignoring each other. So we entered you two in this program so you can get along again."
"Ew!" uttered Lizzie. "I told you guys: I don't want to get along with her again."
"And I don't want to get along with her again," agreed Andrea.
"Girls, please," pleaded Debra. "You got to realize that your broken friendship affects us three as well. We don't want to take sides, knowing that this can be resolved. And if you give this a chance, we promise you that this won't waste your time. So please, do this for us."
Lizzie looked down at the floor. "Fine," she said after thinking about it.
"Fine," Andrea sighed.
"Perfect," remarked the man. "Now please take a seat in the empty chair."
Andrea looked at the only empty chair in the room which was next to Lizzie. "Uh, can I stand up?" she asked.
"Of course not. Standing is distracting. Please take a seat."
"But I don't want to sit next--"
"Sit the frick down!" Skye snapped, standing up.
Skye's tone and face surprised Andrea. She got over it and walked over to the empty seat. She sat down, staring anywhere besides at Lizzie. Lizzie pretty much did the same.
"Okay, since you five are new," started the man, "let me introduce myself. My name is Reginald but you can call me Peg Reg because I love pirates. Argh! Um, you might already know but this program's purpose is to help people make new friends or gain old friends. We encourage peace and love so I would--"
"Stop touching my leg!" Andrea shouted at Lizzie.
"I'm not touching your leg," said Lizzie.
"Yes, you are. You can't feel your skin?"
"I can feel my skin. But I don't want to touch your dirty leg hairs anyway."
Andrea kicked Lizzie's leg, making Lizzie defend herself and kick Andrea's leg. They engaged in a kicking fight until Andrea pulled Lizzie's head down into a headlock. Lizzie tugged Andrea's brown hair, hoping it would loosen her grip. But Madeline and a red-headed member got up from their seats and pulled the two off of each other.
"Okay, number one rule: no doing that," Reginald clarified. "No fighting; violence leads to more violence."
"Hallelujah," Debra agreed.
"So please sit down, separately and quietly, and go through this program."
Madeline and the red head let go of Lizzie and Andrea. The two glared at each other before sitting down into their seats, trying not to touch each other. Madeline and the girl sat back down as well.
"Perfect. Now since I am sensing tons of anger, I would like to ask what is causing the anger. So Lizzie, why are you upset with Andrea?"
"Well, she called me stupid," answered Lizzie.
"Because you are," added Andrea.
"Please, Andrea, Lizzie is talking," said Reginald.
"Come on, she doesn't even know what she's saying most of the time."
"Still, let her speak."
"Yeah, be nice, Andrea," demanded Lizzie, "because I am not stupid. I'll have you know, my mom says I'm the smartest person she knows."
"Yeah because she's the second dumbest person after you," said Andrea.
Lizzie gasped. "Don't talk about my mother. She is Christian; she will have God strike you down."
"Oh, that is a bunch of bull."
"God works in mysterious ways."
"Like you're a Christian. Does it say in the Bible, 'Let the woman dress in clothing that exposes her cleavage like a pair of suns'?"
"I don't know. Does it?"
Andrea rolled her eyes and scoffed.
"Okay," reacted Reginald. "Now Andrea, why are you mad at Lizzie?"
"Well, first, she missed my sister's, Linda, birthday party," replied Andrea. "And that was a big deal because Linda loves Lizzie for some strange apparent reason. And second, I learned she couldn't make it because she attended a Pitbull concert, a singer who I favor very much."
"I love Pitbull. 'International Love' is my favorite song."
"Righteous!"
"Pitbull is okay," commented Lizzie.
"I will run you over with my car."
"I just think you being mad at me is unreasonable."
"Esta loca, unreasonable! That's another problem: you don't listen to me. How many times do I got to tell you so you can get it? My sister bit people."
"Cool it with the Spanish, alright?"
"And she's racist, too. Yeah, I can't tell you how many times that she has called me Mexican then I would have to tell her that I'm Mexican and Puerto Rican."
"What's the difference?"
"And she would say that! Only an idiot and a racist would think that Mexico and Puerto Rico are one thing."
"Hey! Stop right there because how can one person be from two places? That doesn't make any sense."
"It doesn't make sense to you. Nothing makes sense to you. You're a freakin' idiot."
"Now Andrea, no name calling," reminded Reginald. "Name calling hurts people so no need for the pot to call the kettle an idiot or the kettle to call the pot Mexican."
"Repeat that," Skye said with a confused face.
"It's not name calling if it's true," stated Andrea.
"Oh, then your name must be 'Witch'," said Lizzie, "because that's what you are."
"Whatever."
"Whatever."
"Racist."
"Creature."
Instantly, Andrea grabbed Lizzie by the waist and spun her down onto the floor, pinning her down to pummel her. As Lizzie fought back, Madeline got up from her seat, along with a couple of other members, to pull the two apart.
"This is going to take a while," Reginald realized, stretching the collar of his T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment