Tuesday, July 28, 2015

U.F.No's (Chapter 3)

For about a week, the girls dealt with Lizzie's paranoid alien drama. She obsessed about it so much that the girls got fed up. After school, the girls, except for Lizzie, met up by the lockers before meeting up with Lizzie.
"I called the people of Urban Dictionary, do you think I can convince them to change the definition of 'crazy' to Lizzie?" asked Skye.
"Come on, she's not that bad," shared Madeline.
"Not that bad? You're right, she's worse than bad. What's badder than bad?"
"Worse," responded Andrea.
"Okay, she is that bad," Madeline agreed. "But it's only because she saw a space ship at her house."
"There was no space ship at her house," said Skye. "She saw something else and assumed it was an alien because who else would think that way?"
"Maybe there's an explanation."
"So you believe in aliens as well?" asked Debra.
"Oh, God, no. I'm not a freak."
"Well, whatever she saw, it's going to be an alien until further notice," said Andrea.
"I know. And whatever she saw went away so we can't see it for ourselves."
"That's because it was a balloon," said Skye.
"We need more evidence," insisted Debra.
"You're right," agreed Madeline. "How about this? We sleep over Lizzie's house every weekend until we see the so-called alien."
"I can do that," replied Andrea.
"I can try to make that work," added Debra.
"I don't know," responded Skye. "I don't want all of her crazy to rub off on me."
"Too late," said Madeline. "Now let's go."
The four girls walked down the hallway into a different hall and found Lizzie by her locker. They approached their best friend as she put on her backpack.
"Hey, Liz'," greeted Madeline.
"Hey, non-believers," Lizzie scowled.
"I can feel the crazy already," Skye murmured.
"Lizzie, why are you mad at us?" Madeline asked. "So what if we don't believe in aliens?"
"Doesn't matter if you believe in aliens," said Lizzie. "You're supposed to believe me."
"We want to believe you. But like I said before, you don't have any evidence."
"I need evidence to make you believe me?"
"Well, if you say that a giant teddy bear is breathing fire all over Cincinnati, we're going to need a photograph," said Andrea.
"Maybe a video," added Skye.
"Look, Liz', if this is really important to you," started Madeline, "how about we all sleep over your house this Saturday and try to look for the U.F.O. ourselves?"
"That is a splendid idea," consented Lizzie. "Then you will see that I know what I'm talking about. And fire-breathing teddy bears do not exist."
"Oh, but aliens do?" questioned Skye.
"Aliens don't breathe fire or visit Cincinnati."
Skye shifted her eyes towards Madeline to see if her facial expression matched hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment