Sunday, July 26, 2015

U.F.No's (Chapter 1)

"I'm so happy to see you girls," said Lizzie, sitting down on the bench of the cafeteria table next to Skye.
"Why?" asked Skye. "Did we die?"
"You look... stunned," noticed Madeline.
"I am stunned," said Lizzie, throwing her legs under the table.
"Did a cop Taser you or something?" asked Skye.
"No, I'm not black."
Debra dropped her fork on her lunch tray and stuck her tongue in her cheek.
"Sorry. I'm just puzzled."
"Like a puzzle?" Skye quipped.
"What's wrong?" asked Madeline.
"I think I--" Lizzie stopped to looked at her surroundings. She leaned forward, making her friends lean as well. "I think I saw a spaceship," she whispered.
Andrea sat up straight. "A spaceship?"
"Like an alien spaceship," Lizzie continued to whisper.
Madeline sat up straight. "That's ridiculous."
"Well, it's true!" Lizzie straightened.
"How did you see an alien spaceship?" asked Skye.
"I don't know. I was looking out my window and there it was, hovering over my house."
"Are you sure that wasn't the moon?" Madeline questioned, resting her arms on the table.
"Of course I'm sure. I know what the moon looks like."
"Well, are you sure that a spaceship doesn't look like the moon?" asked Andrea.
"Guys, I am not crazy."
"We're not saying you're crazy," said Debra. "We just find it ridiculous."
"Why? Why do you find it ridiculous?"
"Because aliens don't exist," responded Madeline.
"Neither do dinosaurs but they happened. Look, I saw what I saw."
"Maybe you saw wrong," said Skye.
"What else would have it been? And don't say the moon."
"It probably was," Andrea muttered.
"Guys, people, every day, on TV talk about how they experienced a meeting with aliens."
"You're going to believe what TV says?" asked Madeline.
"Yes! Don't everybody?"
"I'm going to have to agree," said Andrea. "I watch The Real."
"Lizzie, you honestly believe that you saw a spaceship hovering over your house?" Madeline questioned.
"Yes," answered Lizzie, "I honestly believe that. I don't know what else would it have been. But these eyes are not wrong."
"Are you sure it wasn't a balloon?" asked Skye.
"What?"
"It was probably a balloon. I saw it on Suite Life of Zack and Cody."
"I am not stupid. I know the difference between a balloon and a flying saucer. I don't have ADHD TV."

No comments:

Post a Comment