Wednesday, July 29, 2015

U.F.No's (Chapter 4)

Once the weekend, the girls came over Lizzie's house at night and were let in by her parents. They brought over sleeping bags and pajamas to stay the night. They also bought binoculars and a telescope to observe the "aliens" which they came over for. The girls put on their pajamas and laid out their sleeping bags before Skye set up the telescope in front of Lizzie's window.
"Are you going to order pizza?" asked Andrea, filing her nails with an emery board.
"No," Lizzie answered.
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want greasy pleasure to distract you from seeing the aliens."
"But all I ate before I left the house was an ice cream sandwich. What if I starve?"
"I have hot pockets downstairs in the freezer."
"Girl, please. Ain't nobody like Hot Pockets."
"I like Hot Pockets," confessed Skye, turning her head to look at the girls.
"Then cook yourself one."
"Ha, I will when I'm done looking through the telescope."
"What do you see?" asked Lizzie.
Skye peeped into the telescope. "I see a few planets."
"Are there aliens around them?"
"No but Jupiter does have moons. Since I know what moons look like, I can guarantee that they're not aliens."
"I swear it was an alien space ship! It was not the moon!"
"What did the space ship look like?"
"It was round, it was silver, it was not supposed to be there."
"If we don't see the alien tonight, Lizzie, how many times should we come back to your house?" asked Madeline, smoothing out her sleeping bag.
"Until we see the aliens with our own eyes."
"So until we die?" asked Skye.
"Guys, aliens exist! And you, you will see it. You will believe me."
"It's not that we don't want to believe you, Lizzie," said Debra. "It's just that we don't believe in aliens period so we can't believe you."
"A mind can change, Debbie. A mind can change."
"Yeah, I'm going to get a Hot Pocket," said Skye, standing up and walking towards the door.
Lizzie scoffed.
"Can you cook me one?" asked Andrea.
"You said nobody likes Hot Pockets," Skye stopped.
"Yeah but Drew Barrymore over there is going to starve me to death."
"Fine." Skye walked out the door.
"Can somebody look through the window?" asked Lizzie.
"Relax, Lizzie," said Madeline, getting up. "I'll do it." She walked over to the window and crouched down. She peeped her eye into the small end of the telescope.
"Can we play a game?" Debra asked.
"Ooh, games are good," agreed Andrea.
"Great idea," said Lizzie. "Let's play 'Look Out the Window with Madeline and Help Find the Aliens I've Talking Been About'."
"That's a weird sounding game," smiled Debra awkwardly.
"Lizzie, why do you got to be so uptight?" Andrea asked.
"I'm not uptight," responded Lizzie. "I just don't want you all to think I'm crazy."
"We already think you're crazy so you're too late."
"I'm sorry but this is not a slumber party. This is an alien hunting party."
"The only way we're going to hunt aliens is if we build a rocket-ship to fly to space."
"Oh, that's a perfect idea. Madeline, you're smart. Do you think you can build a rocket-ship for us?"
Madeline looked at Lizzie. "Sure, when wrenches fall out of my butt."
"Have you been eating wrenches?"
"What?"
Skye later entered Lizzie's bedroom with a paper plate of steaming Hot Pockets in one hand and a pamphlet in the other. "Why are your parents trying to make me Mormon?" asked Skye, stopping two feet in front of the door.
"Skye, just tell them your name is not Norman and they won't call you that," said Lizzie.
"Not Norman. Mormon."
"Mormon?" inquired Madeline, looking at Skye.
"They gave me this pamphlet." Skye raised the folded piece of shiny paper that read 'Mormon Camp' on the front.
"Oh, yeah, my parents think that you worship the Devil," said Lizzie.
"Why? Because of the way I dress?"
"Not the way you dress; just how you appear."
"Whatever. I'm not surprised; I just didn't think I'd get a pamphlet." Skye walked further into the room and sat down on the floor next to Andrea.
"What kind is this?" asked Andrea, waving her hand over the Hot Pockets.
"Chicken and broccoli."
"Can we split it?" asked Madeline, crawling towards the two. "I'm on a protein and vegetable diet. Although, I'll take the extra carbs."

No comments:

Post a Comment