Monday, July 20, 2015

XBF4E (Chapter 3)

Almost a week had passed and Andrea and Lizzie were still not getting along. Their relationship was getting worse if you were to ask the rest of the girls. They realized how easy it was to hang out altogether when they had to deal with the two girls' refusal to interact with one another. Lizzie would try to steal her friends away from Andrea as Andrea did the same. The whole thing was exhausting, especially one day when the three friends met up after the last period ended. They were ambushed from behind by Lizzie who was happy and unfazed.
"Hey, girls," she smiled.
"Hey, Lizzie," the girls greeted back.
"Do you guys want to hang out later?" She squeezed in between Madeline and Debra. "I have no homework."
"Sure," replied Madeline, "do you guys want to go over my house?"
Skye and Debra accepted the request.
"Of course, Maddie," Lizzie responded. "As long as what's-her-face-and-name isn't there."
"You mean Andrea?" asked Skye.
"Oh, is that her name? I completely forgot about her and her face."
"Lizzie, this is a bit ridiculous," shared Madeline. "Andrea is our friend, too, and we can't avoid her to hang out with you."
"I know but I can't hang out with her. She said some pretty mean stuff to me."
"And you said some pretty mean stuff to her," added Debra.
"She deserved it. I don't want to stop hanging out with you girls but there is no way I'm going to be near forgot-her-name."
Almost in an instant, Andrea popped up from behind the girls and surprised Skye and Madeline certainly when she touched their backs.
"Hey, girls," she smiled. "Do you--"
Andrea stopped talking when the girls stopped and turned around, revealing Lizzie.
"Oh, it's you," Andrea hissed. "What's your name again?"
Lizzie squinted her eyes. "Not a dumb name like Andrea."
"Hey, 'Andrea' is the bomb-dot-com."
"Well, 'Lizzie' is the bomb-dot-net."
"Girls, stop with the URLs," ordered Madeline. "Look, since you girls are here, wouldn't it be a perfect time to apologize?" She circled her hands outward.
"She's right," Lizzie glanced at Madeline. "Apologize to me."
Andrea scoffed. "Ain't nobody apologizing to you! Apologize to me."
"There's nothing to apologize for."
"Then I got nothing to apologize for."
"Ladies, how about this?" insisted Debra. "I'll apologized for you both. 'Andrea, I am sorry for not coming to your sister's birthday party and going to a Pitbull concert instead.' 'Lizzie, I am sorry for calling you stupid and practically a whore.' See, problem solved. You two are friends now."
"I don't want to be friends with Lizzie," Andrea divulged. "She may need me but I don't need her." Then she sang, "You need me, man. I don't need you."
"Please, I wouldn't need you even if I was trapped in a burning building," claimed Lizzie.
"That's a strong statement," remarked Skye.
"Well, it's true. I wouldn't need her even though she lost her fire."
A fire was found but back in Andrea's eyes. After seeing it in her eyes, Lizzie bolted with Andrea dashing pass Madeline and Debra. Lizzie ran around Debra to get up into the endless hallway with Andrea furiously pursuing her. Andrea took off and dropped her backpack so the weight wouldn't hold her back.
"Peace and love!" yelled Debra. "Peace and love!"
"Ain't no peace and love left, Debra," said Madeline.
"Will they ever forgive each other?" asked Skye.
"There's only one way to bring them together: Debra has to talk to them."
"Nuh-uh," replied Debra. "What if they rip each other's heads off and while they're doing that, they rip my head off?"
"You have a strong head," said Skye.
"I need time to think of a solution," said Madeline. "But when I finally do come up with one, Andrea might actually have Lizzie's head."
Skye's eyes widened. "Maybe Lizzie's head is still on her shoulders." She walked towards the wall in front of them which had a bulletin board. She gestured her hands to an orange flyer pinned on it. "I found our solution."
Madeline and Debra walked up to the board.
"'The Friendship Forever Program'?" read Madeline. "Oh, I know about this. I think this might work."
"Girls, I think we're going to get our friends back," said Debra.
"I hope so," said Skye. "Hanging with them separately is pretty annoying."
"They're annoying together," Madeline stated, "but that's what we like. We were altogether the bomb-dot-com."
"No URLs, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment