Monday, April 13, 2015

What Does He See in Her? (Chapter 4)

"Why do you look angrier than you usually look?" asked Kent.

"Did you hear what Marla said to me?" Skye questioned.

"Well, you were talking to her the whole time," said Sean.

"No, she whispered something to me."

"Well, whispers aren't meant to be heard."

"Shut up, Sean. She said to me, 'I know that you like Jeffrey so stay away from him.'"

"I don't blame her," said Kent. "You do like Jeffrey."

"Kent, please," said David. "That's a horrible thing to say."

"Thanks, David," Skye stretched her eyebrows up. "But was I obviously throwing myself at him?"

"More than obvious," Kent chuckled.

Sean slapped Kent in the gut.

"Oh, God, what has infatuation become of me?" Skye asked.

"Hey, don't fight it," said David. "Liking someone is okay."

"But it's different so it's not okay to me."

"Why does he like Marla anway?" questioned Kent. "She looks like Stan's sister from South Park."

"You know what? We should do something," insisted Sean.

"What kind of something?" asked David.

"Like a bad kind of something."

"We're not going to moon the security guards," Skye said.

"Not that... even though I don't mind doing that again. Nobody likes Marla so we should embarrass her for you and the people."

"I don't know about that," responded David.

"Come on, then Jeffrey will see how much of a spazmo Marla truly is. So he will dump her after ten freaking years and that's when you will slide in."

"But I have accepted Jeffrey's relationship with her," said Skye.

"Really?"

"No, but I'll keep saying that to myself until it makes sense to me."

"Skye, Marla is not right for him. You could be. Let me help you help me help you."

"Help me help you help me?"

Sean nodded.

"Okay, I'm game."

"Everyone else?"

The other guys agreed.

"So what are we going to do?" asked David.

"I got it," said Sean.

He turned around and sprinted. The group stopped and looked behind themselves. They gazed at Sean making a right turn at a drink shack. They watched him order a soda under twenty seconds. After paying for the soda and receiving it, Sean walked in the direction towards the water fountain. He faced Marla who still sitting on Jeffrey's lap.

"Hi, Marla," he greeted. "We meet again."

"I said I don't want you talking to me," Marla hissed.

"I know but I want to say sorry."

"You better be sorry."

"I bought you a drink. You like Mountain Dew?"

"I can't eat that stuff because of my braces."

"I said 'drink', not 'eat'."

"Well, since you bought it..." She reached out her hand to retrieve it.

Sean slowly attempted to hand the cup to Marla. But instantly, he dropped it on her lap while unnoticeably taking the lid off with his thumb. Marla stood up and gasped deeply when the green soda splashed all over her skirt.

"Look at what you did, you dork!" she screamed at Sean.

"Oh, no, I'm so sorry," lied Sean. "It just slipped."

"I'll slip you!"

Jeffrey immediately stood up and held Marla to prevent her from hurting Sean. "Hey, hey, take it easy," he demanded. "It was an accident."

"He was an accident!"

"Marla, please be nice."

"I think I've done too much," said Sean. "Sorry for spilling my gift on your girlfriend."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not!" Marla almost shrieked, trying to shake Jeffrey off.

"Marla, calm down."

Sean walked away and found his friends who laughed as they watched what happened from afar.

"She looks mad," commented Kent.

"She was," said Sean, "but not mad enough."

"I have an idea."

Kent opened his jacket and from the inside pocket pulled out a ziplock bag of baked beans.

"Ew, what are you doing with beans in your jacket?" wondered Skye.

"I wanted my lunch to have a little pizzazz."

From the same pocket, Kent also pulled out a plastic spork. He sprinted away with the band watching him. Once Kent reached the phonecase stand, he crouched down and hid behind it. He peeked at Marla who was inaudibly screaming at Jeffrey and tugging at her skirt.

Kent settled the bag on the floor and snapped it open. He scooped a spoonful of the beans with his spork and peeked at the couple once more. He stretched his spork back with a couple beans dripping off. He tried to make a good aim by closing one of his eyes. Until he got a good angle, he released his finger to fling the spork. With a far distance, the blob of beans flew in the air and perfectly hit Marla in the leg.

"What the frick?" screamed Marla, looking at her leg.

"What?" asked Jeffrey.

"Something hit me!"

"Don't imagine things."

"I'm not imagining!"

Kent snickered. He continued to fill his spoon with baked beans and flick it numerous times, hitting the oblivious Marla on her legs, feet, skirt and shirt. She freaked out as she kept getting hit with beans and eventually moved out the way. As Jeffrey tried to simmer her down, Kent got up and unnoticeably ran over to his friends. They laughed along with him, gazing at the screaming Marla from afar.

"I think she's mad enough," said David.

"What should we do next?" giggled Skye.

"Show Jeffrey your soft side," insisted Sean.

"I have a soft side?"

"Yeah, go over there and be nice or try."

"Ooh, bring her these napkins," Kent said, reaching into the pocket inside his jacket and pulling out several paper napkins.

"Okay, Kent, I'm glad you brought all of this," admitted Skye, "but next time, don't bring anything. This is a mall!"

Kent wagged the napkins at Skye. She grabbed them and walk away from the band towards the unhappy couple. Jeffrey stopped arguing with Marla once he saw Skye, making Marla turn to see who he was looking at.

"Oh, my God, Marla," said Skye. "What happened?"

"I'd tell you but I'd scream," answered Marla.

"Well, good thing I have these napkins because I was ordering food then I saw you."

Marla snatched the napkins away from Skye. "Did you have something to do with this?"

"Why would I fling what appears to be baked beans at you? Where would I get baked beans from?"

"It's probably not beans; it's probably feces because you're an ape."

"Okay, I don't dislike you that much to be throwing feces at you."

"But your broken friend from earlier spilled a soda on me. You probably told him to do that to me."

"No, I didn't."

"Liar, liar, ape on fire."

"Marla, please," begged Jeffrey.

"No, it's okay, Jeffrey," said Skye. "Because you know what, I'm done with trying to be nice to you. You can't get respected if you can't respect others."

"Oh, please, I am respected," sassed Marla.

"Where? The jungle that you came from?"

"You're stealing my comments and making them yours."

"You're right because you're more than an ape, you're a monster."

Skye's band came closer to listen in on the argument.

"Why don't you admit that you're jealous of me?" questioned Marla.

"Jealous of you?" Skye repeated. "Dude, nobody likes you."

"Then why does Jeffy Bear like me? Admit it, you're jealous of me because you want to be with Jeffy."

"First of all, his name is Jeffrey in case you forgot. Second of all, I'm fine with Jeffrey having a girlfriend because I only knew him for a day so there's nothing to say. But the problem is that the girlfriend is you."

"Hey, don't hate on me because you're too ugly to be someone's girlfriend."

"At least people can understand me, Mrs. I'm-Mahrla-Anch-I-Schink-I'm-Liched-By-Erv'ryone-Even-Schough-I'm-Ash-Everl-Ash-Josheph-Schtalin."

"Jeffy, you're not going to let her talk to me like that, are you?"

"No, you should apologize," Jeffrey suggested.

"But do you hear what she's saying to me?"

"Yeah but I hear what you're saying to her. Skye is harmless; please be the bigger person."

"No, you be the bigger person because you need to grow up anyway. Seriously, you're the size of Peter Dinklage."

"Don't insult me, Marla."

"No, you know what? I'm going to get a better boyfriend and tell him to stand up for me because I have that power, Jeffy."

Marla turned away and walked off in fury.

"Jeffrey doesn't need you anyway," Skye shouted, "because he deserves more than a sleazeball."

Marla stopped. Her face boiled red with more anger. She swiftly turned back around and darted towards Skye. Skye smartly ducked with Marla accidently leaping into the water of the fountain. The splash hit Skye's and Jeffrey's legs but it wasn't too big.

"Awesome!" commented Sean.

Marla flipped over and sat up in the water with her hair curling into ringlets and her black eyeliner streaming down her cheeks. She shrieked while splashing the water by pounding down on it forcefully with her fists.

No comments:

Post a Comment