Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ready? OK! (Chapter 1)

"I'm on a mustard diet," confessed Madeline, holding her sandwich half with both hands.

"What?" asked Skye.

"I'm only eating sandwiches with mustard in them."

"Why?" asked Andrea.

"Because mustard is the healthiest condiment you can put in a sandwich besides peanut butter. And I want better skin so I'm eating every sandwich I have with mustard since I feel like I can't eat a sandwich without something wet in it."

"That sounds weird," commented Skye.

"Yeah, I know but that's how I feel."

"So you're going to eat PB and J with mustard in it for now on?" Lizzie questioned.

"No, I'm going to eat regular PB and J. I'm just gonna put mustard on my turkey sandwiches."

"What happened to ham?" asked Andrea.

"Ham is fattening. Fattening encourages pimples."

"You and your knowledge."

"I have news as well," declared Lizzie.

"What is it, Liz'?" asked Debra.

"I'll give you a hint. Give me a 'C'; give me an 'H'; give me an 'E'-- Wait, how do you spell 'cheerleading'?"

"You're becoming a cheerleader?" asked Madeline.

"How did you know?"

"You just told us."

"Aw, I ruined the hint. But yeah, I'm gonna audition to be a cheerleader."

"That's very good, Lizzie," Debra approved.

"Thank you. It is very good."

"Ugh, I hate cheerleaders," Skye spilled.

"So you're gonna hate me?"

"No, I didn't say that."

"You're lucky I'm not a cheerleader yet."

"You can be whatever you want."

"Why do you hate cheerleaders?" Debra questioned.

"Because the ones here 'get around'."

"Get around where?" asked Lizzie.

"I mean they... do stuff."

"Yeah, like dance and cheer and--"

"That's not what I'm talking about."

"So they do other things because dancing and cheering is all I know."

"You know what, Lizzie? I know who you are so you can be a cheerleader if you want."

"I appreciate the support."

"When are you auditioning?" asked Madeline.

"Today. I've been looking at the flyer forever so I didn't know if I was ever going to audition. But since the auditions are today, I've decided to tell you before I go for it."

"Well, you're going to nail that audition, Liz'," Andrea remarked.

"Thanks, I know. But thank you, Debra, for helping me stay flexible."

"You are so welcome," said Debra.

"And I'm not going to hate you if you do become a cheerleader," said Skye.

"Good," said Lizzie.

"You just don't like to be pepped, Skye," Madeline deduced.

"No, do you understand how many times I've been 'T-blocked' by cheerleaders?" inquired Skye.

"What is 'T-block'?" asked Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment