Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ready? OK! (Chapter 5)

Less than a week later, Kari went through with her plan of blackmailing Pamela with the photograph of her eating chicken wings. Pamela agreed to let Kari include whoever in the cheerleading squad and one of the people she let in was Lizzie. So afterwards, Lizzie and four other new girls were some of the cheerleaders that were part of the basketball game taking place in Laguna Beach High's gymnasium. Madeline and Andrea came to the game just to support Lizzie.

"I'm so happy for Lizzie," stated Andrea.

"I'm happy she's happy," Madeline added.

"It's good to know that Pamela doesn't have power over anything."

"I know because I have power over anything."

"Really?"

"Of course. I'm the school president."

"Okay."

"Seriously, I could've gotten Lizzie into the squad."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because I wasn't asked to. Besides, Kari had the right mind and because of her, Lizzie is the cheerleader she wanted to be."

"So you support blackmail?"

"No, of course not. But I can use Kari. She can be my top spy agent."

"No, she can't."

"Yes, she can."

"You don't have that type of power."

"Yes, I do. I'm the Jesus of this school."

"No."

"Yeah."

"You're not."

"I can hire anyone for anything."

"This is a school. You're not a real president."

"Hurt my feelings some more, why don't ya?"

"I'm telling the truth."

"Telling the truth won't make you my ambassador."
"¿Lo dice en serio? You can do that?"

"Yes, yes, I can. Or I did because you already were my ambassador."

"Oh, mierda, that's so cool."

"It is. I'm president."

Andrea looked down at the basketball players sitting in the front bench. "Do you think Roger can see me from up here?"

"Roger Tate? When did you start liking him?"

"Once he grew pit hair."

"Ew."

"Says the girl who likes taco meat."

"I don't like a lot of it. A little does justice."

Andrea waved her arms. "Roger!"

"Don't call him."

"Why?"

"He'll see you."

"That's what I want."

"But he doesn't know you."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take. Roger!"

A buzzer was audibly heard. Instead of the players, the cheerleaders in maroon uniforms got up and took positions in front of the bleachers. The visitors lowered their volume when an amplified voice said, "Time for the cheer-off. First, Laguna's own Breaker cheerleaders!"

Madeline and Andrea was two of the people who applauded. Lizzie stepped forward in front of her fellow cheerleaders with a megaphone.

"Give me a 'B'!" she yelled into the megaphone.

"B!" repeated the crowd.

"Give me an 'R'!"

"R!"

"Give me an 'A'!"

The crowd hesitated a bit. "A?!"

"Wait, how do you spell 'breakers'?" Lizzie turned and asked without the megaphone.

"Oh, dear," Madeline sighed.


No comments:

Post a Comment