Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ready? OK! (Chapter 3)

The next day, after school, Lizzie decided to drive Debra to her house since Lizzie planned going there anyway. Once they arrived and finished their homework together, the girls decided to do some yoga in Debra's bedroom. They switched in more comfortable clothing and helped each other stretch.

"I am still in shock about the whole audition," Lizzie shared, reaching her arm over her head, making lean down to the left side.

"Why do you think you didn't get in?" asked Debra, doing the same thing as Lizzie but to the other side.

"Maybe I missed a few steps. But the moves I couldn't remember, I improvised. Overall, it was a good performance."

"Then I don't understand why you're not in."

"Me neither."

The girls switched arms.

"I thought I defined 'cheerleader potential' in my audition," said Lizzie. "I wore a cute outfit, I did a dance I rehearsed twenty times and I even used the song that was in that terrible Bratz movie."

"Did you know anyone who was judging your performance?"

"Well, there was a ginger girl, Celeste from my history class, and Pamela."

Debra stood up straight. "Pamela McAdams?"

"Well, not Pamela Anderson, even though that would've been so cool."

"That's why you didn't get in."

Lizzie stood up straight as well. "Why?"

"Because Pamela hates you."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that."

"It's so unfair for her to do that to you. You are talented."

"I know Pamela hates me but this is cheerleading. Leave what we personally have outside the cheerleading area."

"I agree. She can't just exclude you because she hates you."

"She kind of can because she's the head cheerleader."

"Nonetheless, we should do something."

"Should we tell Maddie do something about it? She is school president. That's like the Jesus of school."

"We can or you can do something by yourself."

"But you said 'we'. I heard you. Or at least I think I heard you."

"I know. But I'm piecing everything together. Okay, Pamela is a mean girl."

"Yeah, meaner that Angelina Jolie from 'Maverick'."

"'Maleficent'."

Lizzie scrunched her forehead. "That's a word?"

"Okay, and mean girls think that they can do whatever they want to do and like whoever they want to like."

"Uh-huh."

"So the only way to get in is to act like a mean girl."

"I'm not sure I'm following."

"You're nice."

"Thank you."

"But that can seem weak."

"Oh."

"So you must face Pamela or the other 'judges' and act like them."

"Okay, I can do that."

"Sooner or later, you'll be a cheerleader."

"So since my niceness comes off as weakness, should I start being more mean?"

"Oh, no, Doll. Being mean is Andrea's job."

"Yeah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment