Friday, April 10, 2015

What Does He See in Her? (Chapter 2)

After seeing Jeffrey at school and leaving with his girlfriend, Skye blabbed how foolish she felt and how mad she was to her friends, telling Andrea in the car and texting and calling the rest of the girls. The next day, lunchtime began and Skye was more than ready to continue talking about the situation to her friends.

"I can't be mad at Jeffrey for not telling me he had a girlfriend," she said. "It's not like we were on a date or anything. But he flirted with me and it was very obvious because I can read hidden messages. And his message was that he liked me and wanted me and just became ready to be hung up on me. But that had to be a lie because apparently, he's hung up on someone else."

"I love it when Skye can talk to us like a girl," grinned Madeline.

"And that is just not right... man."

"It's too late, my little Skylar. It's too late."

"Jeffrey just released something inside me that I never thought I had."

"Gas?" Lizzie inquired.

"No, not gas. I don't know what it is but it's still there and I liked it until... you know."

"Why would Jeffrey develop an amazing connection with you if he knew that he had a girlfriend?" asked Andrea.

"Maybe he forgot he had a girlfriend," responded Lizzie.

"Or maybe he's a cheater," added Madeline.

"Come on, guys," Skye rolled her eyes. "He was way too smart and sweet. Even if he did truly like me, he knew that in his mind what he was feeling was wrong and had to stop it. That idiot."

"I can't believe he's dating Marla," commented Andrea.

"Nobody likes Marla," stated Madeline.

"Well, clearly, we're wrong because somebody likes Marla: Jeffrey," Lizzie remarked.

"What I hate is that Marla thinks she's hot stuff when she is obviously not."

"Hey, that is not nice," Debra responded.

"Well, neither is she."

"Looks don't matter. What's hot is smart. Smart is hot."

"She's not smart either."

"Then... I have nothing else to say."

"Since Marla is not hot, does that mean Skye has a chance?" asked Lizzie.

"Shh!" Skye uttered. "We don't want people to hear us talking about somebody."

"But no one likes Marla so who's going to tell her anything?" Andrea questioned.

"Maybe there's a side to Marla that Jeffrey likes," Debra reckoned.

"Whatever that is, I don't even want to know," said Madeline.

"I'm sorry, Skye, but maybe there's something in Marla that Jeffrey is fond of but is not in you."

"So I guess I'm going to let him go," Skye decided.

"However, I did say that fate will bring you two together."

"Yeah, so it can laugh at my face."

"Maybe you should try to steal Jeffrey away from Marla," insisted Lizzie, "like I did with Hank."

"But you and Hank broke up... again."

"Please don't remind me."

No comments:

Post a Comment