Monday, April 20, 2015

Ready? OK! (Chapter 2)

Later that day, Lizzie arrived at the gymnasium where the cheerleading auditions were held. She gazed upon the small line of girls that stood next to the table of three judges. The judges studied the girl auditioning in front of them as Lizzie stood in the back of the line. The girl auditioning was an overweight freshman with glasses who danced to the music of "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift. The judges watched in individual horror as the girl danced horribly in nature but kept a confident face the whole time. Once the song was over, the girl abruptly stopped and posed.

"So did I get in?" she asked with a smile.

One of the judges happened to be Pamela McAdams, an ally of the Cow Belles and an enemy of the girls. She told the freshman, "Can you spell 'No'?"

"So I didn't get in?"

"Can you spell 'listen'? No, you didn't. Now run along, chubby."

"I'm telling my mom!"

"'I'm telling my mom'," Pamela imitated.

The girl huffed then ran away out of the gymnasium.

"Don't worry," Pamela said to the brunette next to her, "she'll eat a cheeseburger then she'll be happy again."

The both laughed except for the red head left of Pamela. When Pamela looked at her, the red head tittered a fake laugh.

"Next!" Pamela yelled, rapping her pencil.

The girl in the front of the line stepped out in front of the judges' table. "Hi, I'm Katie," she introduced herself.

"Hey, I saw you flirting with my boyfriend last week," shouted the brunette judge.

"Oh, no," said Katie before running out of the gym.

"Once this is over, I'm-a handle mine," the brunette said to Pamela.

"Next!" Pamela yelled.

As the next girl in line stepped out, Lizzie whispered to the girl in front of her.

"Wow, the judges are really tough on them."

"Yeah, the head cheerleaders are not the nicest girls in school," whispered the blonde girl.

"Especially Pamela. She's always mean to me and my friends."

"Why don't you report her?"

"'Cause she'll just ruin my life on the internet. She told me that."

"But then she'll get arrested."

"Yeah, but then she'll have to be released afterwards and once she does, she'll find and murder me."

The girl turned around. "That's kind of cruel."

"Yeah but I have to do whatever to save my life. It's called 'sacrifice'."

The girl turned back around. "Right."

"So what brings you here?"

"Well, I've always wanted to be a cheerleader since I was a kid. Now I have the chance."

"I've been wanting to be a cheerleader since I learned that you don't have to be one for an actual football team. What if you don't make the squad?"

"Um, I'll make it."

"But what if you don't?"

"I will."

"Oh, you're in denial?"

The girl turned around. "No, I'm--"

"Next!" Pamela yelled while snapping her fingers.

The blonde girl turned around to see she was first in line. She smiled then stepped out in front of the table. "Hi, I'm Alexandra," she introduced herself.

"You got a CD, Alejandro?"

"No and it's Alexandra. I'll be doing a chant."

"Then do it, Allison," said the brunette judge.

While doing rehearsed movements, Alexandra asserted a rallying call. "Let's go team, let's go group. Do we got spirit? Yes we do!"

She attempted a herkey but ending up falling on her bottom.

"Do you got spirit? No, you don't!" Pamela mocked. "You're done."

"Wait, give me another chance," Alexandra scrambled up.

"Sweetie, you used up all your chances when you fell. Next!"

Alexandra began to cry before sloppily running away.

"Hi," greeted Lizzie, walking out while digging through her backpack.

"Ew," Pamela uttered.

"Good to see you, too, Pamela." Lizzie pulled out a CD case and dropped her backpack down. "I'm Lizzie to the rest of you."

She ran over to the CD player on the floor and pressed a button to make it open. She took out the CD inside and replaced it with hers. She took off her yellow pumps and closed the CD player. She pressed "Play" and ran out in front of the table. On the CD player played the song, "Take It to the Maximum" by Prima J. Once the lyrics were heard, Lizzie began to break it into impressive dance moves. She did all kinds of movements such as swirling her hips and doing the robot. The girls in the line nodded their heads to the song and showed admired faces. The judges, except for Pamela, watched her in astonishment. Pamela's demeanor remained stiff, even when Lizzie started back-flipping flawlessly. When the song finished, Lizzie posed like a rockstar as every girl in the gym, except for Pamela, applauded her.

"So am I in?" asked Lizzie, out of breath.

Pamela glanced at the judges with her demeanor more lightened. She then looked at Lizzie then answered the question with, "No."

Lizzie frowned. "No?"

"N-O, no."

"But... I killed it."

"You killed something but it wasn't 'it'. Next!"

No comments:

Post a Comment