Thursday, October 13, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 2) (Chapter 5)

Skye walked upstairs after using the bathroom for a few minutes. She remembered leaving Jeffrey in the ballroom so that's where she headed back to. She looked around for her date until she saw him hanging around with the Cow Belles. They had their hair done in curls. Pamela had on a sexy, long-sleeved, lacy, black chiffon dress with white heels. Mauricia had on the same dress, except it was white and her heels were black. Skye instantly felt mad and marched right over to them.
"Oh, Jeffrey, that's so funny," Pamela told him in a seductive voice. "Tell me again." She caressed his shoulder.
Skye cleared her throat loudly.
"Oh, hi, Skye," said Maurica, putting her hands on her hips. "We didn't see you there."
"That's probably because you're short," added Pamela.
"Like a mouse."
"And you have the teeth of a mouse, too. Tch-tch-tch!"
"Real mature," said Skye. "What are you doing with my date?"
"Your date?" asked Mauricia. "I thought you two were broken up."
"We are," clarified Jeffrey.
"And we're friends now," added Skye. "We just decided to go here together."
"Oh, why on Earth would you want to go with Skye?" asked Pamela.
"She's so ick," said Mauricia. "But you, you're slick."
"Skye, doesn't he look better without his glasses?"
"He's a totally hottie for sure."
"Good to know," said Skye. "Can you stop molesting him?"
"Uh, Jeffrey's not telling us to stop," Pamela said.
"I think he likes it when we touch him," said Mauricia.
"But he's my date," Skye mentioned. "I should be the one who gets to touch him."
"Ooh, I don't think Jeffrey would like that," purred Pamela.
"I don't care. Just give him to me!"
"Calm down, Emo Thurman," ordered Mauricia. "We're all single, trying to mingle."
"But if you don't stop mingling, I will cut both of your arms off."
"You're crazy," Pamela commented.
"You're darn right I'm crazy. I own about forty machetes. You can stop by my house sometime and help me pick one to cut your arms off with."
"Skye, you need to relax," commanded Jeffrey.
"Was I talking to you, Rico Suave?"
"Hey, Jeff, after this thing is over, why don't we come over my house and start our own party?" asked Mauricia.
"Mauricia, please, he's mine," said Pamela.
"No, he's mine."
"He's none of ya's!" snapped Skye. "So I suggest you beat it 'fore I beat you."
"Skye--" Jeffrey started.
"I'm crazy."
"Skye, that's enough."
"Let's go, Mauricia," said Pamela. "We'll come back when Jeffrey puts his dog back into its cage."
"Ha-ha!" uttered Skye with a glower. "Hilarious!"
Pamela interlocked her arm with Mauricia's arm before the two walked away together.
"What is your problem?" asked Jeffrey. "I was having a conversation."
"Yeah, with the Cow Belles," said Skye. "You know that I hate them."
"But you never said I couldn't talk to them."
"Why would you need to talk to other girls? I'm your date."
"Skye, I'm starting to think you're coming off as a bit jealous."
"Jealous? I'm not jealous."
"I think you are."
"Screw you! You're jealous!" Skye marched off, causing Jeffrey to throw up his hands in confusion.

Meanwhile, Madeline went back into the ballroom and looked for Calvin. It was not that hard for her to find him because he was standing by the snack table again. He was facing it, drinking punch, acting anti-social. Madeline relaxed her shoulders and made her way toward Calvin.
"I thought you didn't like the punch," she told him, crossing her arms.
Calvin looked at her. "Well, I'd gotten used to it."
Madeline glanced down. "Did you happen to see me with Brody?"
"What, the guy with the amazing curly hair, soft skin and lips like a pillow? Nope, I don't think so."
"Listen, Lizzie told me how you feel about me."
"So what? You feel bad for me?"
"No, Calvin. I--"
"I know I'm not your type." He faced Madeline. "I know you think of me as a brother. But don't act like you never knew. There's a possible chance you didn't but something inside of you had to tell you that maybe I liked you more than a friend."
"Calvin, I'm not as smart as you think I am. Sometimes, I make stupid decisions. But I'm a young woman; it's completely normal of me. However, the last thing I ever wanted to do was to hurt you."
"You did it anyway so now what?"
Madeline smiled. "We dance."
"This isn't Footloose, Madeline."
"Just come on." Madeline took the cup from Calvin's hands and placed it on the table. She then dragged him into the dance floor.

All of the dancing teens calmed down when a slow song started to play. It was an old, pop song called "Collide", produced of guitars and violins. The people with dates embraced each other and started swaying on the dance floor. Andrea got a hold of Randall and slow-danced with him on the floor.
"Watch my hips," she told him.
"I'm not touching your hips," Randall spat.
"Well, it felt like it."
"You're delusional."
Andrea sighed. "So, Randall, I would like to say thank you for backing me up earlier."
"I wasn't backing you up. I was just stating the obvious."
"Well, thank you anyway."
"There's nothing to thank me for."
"You are so ungrateful."
"You're accusing me of something I didn't do!"
"Wait! Wait. Why are we arguing?"
"That's a dumb question. We always argue."
"I know! It's just that I asked you to the prom and you said yes. So we obviously like each other."
Randall stuttered. "I, uh-- I don't suppose-- Uh..."
"Randall, it's fine. I like you, okay? And I don't want to spend the rest of my life arguing with you. I want us to give this a chance."
"What's this?"
"Something more than a friendship... even though we weren't really ever friends."
"Why do you like me?"
"Because you're smart, fearless, and kinda arrogant. You're just like me, only smaller and white."
"But I'm not really a 'dream guy'. I don't fit the definition of a 'stud'."
"That's okay. I don't want a 'stud'. I want you. I know it sounds crazy and cliche, but whatever I was finding, I found you... for some reason."
"Andrea, I like you, too. Ugh! But I never been in a relationship. I don't know how to be a boyfriend. Chances are I'm not good at it."
"Well, you'll never know if you don't try."
Randall smiled. That made Andrea feel weird because she felt like she had never seen Randall smile ever. It truly warmed her heart. It even tempted her to kiss Randall's smiling lips.

"What is this?" Calvin asked Madeline.
"Your prom," she answered.
"I think it's our prom."
"No, it's your prom. I promise."
"Funny. Listen, Madeline, you don't have to pretend that you like me--"
"I'm not pretending. I don't even like Brody. Every time I liked a guy, it was always the same feeling. But when I'm with you, I feel different. It's a... good different. Maybe that's how I should feel every day."
Calvin slightly smiled."Madeline, if Lizzie told you that I loved you, you don't have to feel the same way. I just wanted you to know that."
"Listen, I don't know what love truly feels like but if it explains the way I feel around you, then that's a good thing."
Calvin's crooked smile turned into a grin. It made Madeline grin. They both leaned towards each other and had their very first kiss.

"You were so jealous," Jeffrey said to Skye.
"I was not jealous!" Skye snapped.
"You were."
"Oh, my God. You're so annoying."
"Why can't you admit it?"
"Because it wouldn't make sense."
"Why wouldn't it make sense?"
Skye sighed. "I broke up with you, thinking it would be better if we were friends. But I can't look at you as a friend. It's... bogus."
"Strong word."
"I shouldn't be jealous, okay?"
"I would feel sad if you didn't."
"Jeffrey, we're not together. And I regret that we're not together because it means losing you."
"You're not going to lose me. Don't say that."
"But you deserve so much more than what I could've given you."
"What if I don't want more?"
"Jeffrey, you deserve a girl who cares about you."
"So you didn't care about me?"
"No, I cared about you. I still do. I care about you more than any other girl you know, including your mother."
"You care about me more than my mom?"
"Yes, Jeffrey. Don't tell her that though."
"Cross my heart."
"I just don't want to hurt you."
"I'm not hurt, Skye. That's the problem."
"You don't have to lie to me, Jeffrey." Her voice grew quiet.
"I'm not. You're not hurting me and I want to be with you. The only thing that could hurt me is if you don't tell me the truth."
A tear rolled down Skye's cheek. Her voice began to break up. "I love you, Jeffrey. I really do."
"And you know I've always loved you."
Skye grabbed Jeffrey's face and began kissing him passionately.
At that moment, Lizzie began kissing DeMarcus and Debra started kissing Kyle. Everyone seemed to be in love. Maybe it was the music. Maybe it was the dancing. Whatever it was, it felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment