Monday, October 10, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 2) (Chapter 2)

"It's time to shave your legs, ladies!" shouted Madeline, busting through her bedroom door. "We're going to the prom."
  "I don't want to shave my legs," said Andrea.
"Why? To prove to Randall that you're the man in the relationship?"
"Hardy-har-har. Don't make me slap you."
"Well, I'm not shaving my legs," shared Skye. "I'm going to the prom with Jeffrey, who's my friend, who I don't love."
"But don't you want to look good?" asked Madeline. "I mean, if you don't want Jeffrey, you could still flirt with other guys."
"There's going to be single guys at the prom and the only guy you could get was Calvin?" questioned Andrea.
Madeline leered at her.
"That's right. I got comebacks."
"I'm not going to abandon Jeffrey for some lame jock," said Skye. "He's my date; I don't need another one unlike you."
Madeline dropped her shoulders. "Okay, one: I did not have two dates to the prom. I almost did but I dumped the other one. And two: I don't have two dates now so there's no need to talk about it again."
"Oh, but you would have two dates if you could, princess."
"When am I supposed to take this mask off?" asked Lizzie, whose face was covered in a thick, black substance.
"Oh," said Madeline, looking down at her silver watch, "after twenty minutes of putting it on, which happens to be up."
"So how I do take this off?"
"That's easy: you rip it off." Madeline walked over to Lizzie and grabbed onto the mask on her face. With great force, she pulled half of the mask off, exposing ruddy skin underneath.
Lizzie shrieked. "That hurts so bad!" she screamed.
"Then I'm sorry for doing this." Madeline ripped the other half off, making Lizzie scream again.
Lizzie picked up a hand mirror and looked at her red face. "Ah, I look like a tomato!"
"But a totally hot tomato."
Lizzie cocked her head. "That's true."
"Just face this fan so your face can cool off." Madeline turned on the big, electric fan that was sitting on the floor.
Lizzie leaned towards it and let the cool air hit her face. "Ahhh..." she sighed.
"What nail polish color should I use?" asked Debra, holding up two bottles of nail lacquer. "Yellow or orange?"
"Orange," answered Andrea, "because yellow nails make you look like a MOTHERFREAKIN' NUUUUUT!"
Madeline and Skye laughed. Debra just smiled and drooped her head at Andrea.
"Yeah, use orange," Madeline agreed. "I will be using white."
"I will be using black," Skye shared.
"You always use black."
"What's wrong with black, white supremacist?"
"You know that's not funny."
"Well, I hope it's not true. I like black and I don't like prom so I might as well feel good about myself."
        "And look good."
"How can you not like prom?" asked Debra. "You and Jeffrey established your relationship at prom."
"And we broke up a year later. So, technically, that's not a good thing."
"You're such a Negative Nelly."
"With jelly in her belly," added Madeline, smiling.
"Well, I don't want to be a Positive Polly," said Skye. "Oh, wait, it's the molly."
"You are a Negative Nelly."

No comments:

Post a Comment