Monday, October 10, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 2) (Chapter 1)

"How about this?" asked Madeline, picking up a weird-shaped, white dress.
"Is that a belt?" questioned Andrea.
"No, it's a halter dress with cutouts."
"Then why does it look like a shoelace?" asked Skye.
"Ha-ha, very funny." Madeline put back the dress on its hanger. "I just want to look really good for the prom."
"But it's the prom, not the stripper ball."
"Strippers have balls?" asked Lizzie.
"There's something wrong with that question."
"I am so happy that Calvin asked me to the prom," shared Madeline.
"I thought he liked boys," said Andrea.
"There's no proof of that. But if we're being honest, I thought that, too. However, Calvin asked me and I wasn't going to be selfish and reject him. I made that mistake with Sean."
"You would be so unhappy if you took Sean to the dance," said Skye.
"I know, but I had to take someone."
"No, you don't, Maddie. Like I said, you should go by yourself."
"And witness everyone having a better time than me? I don't think so."
"It is very nice that Calvin is taking you to the prom," Debra said. "He has always been a good friend to you."
"I know. He's like a butler who you later grow a connection with as you get older and he continues to work for you."
"That's a rich girl thing to say. But you're happy and that's important."
"Please, if Sean had just gone with the flow when Madeline finally accepted his request, she would've been happy anyway," said Skye. "I was just saying she would be unhappy later because she was desperate for a date anyway."
"Why are you hatin' on me?" asked Madeline. "You wanted me to go to the dance with Sean in the first place."
"I'm just stating the obvious."
"Are you? Like, you do like Sean? Is that your problem?"
"No, I don't like Sean. I love somebody else."
Lizzie looked at Skye. "Did you say 'love'?" she asked.
"No." Skye scrunched her eyebrows.
"Yes, you did," said Andrea. "You said you love somebody."
"No, I didn't."
"Uh-huh!" Debra disagreed. "You did! You love somebody. Is it Jeffrey? Oh, my goodness, you love Jeffrey."
"Guys, calm your boobs!"
"My boobs are calm," said Lizzie.
"I never said I loved Jeffrey. It was a slip of the tongue."
"In Jeffrey's mouth," added Andrea.
"Okay, that's nasty. He is my friend, alright? I'm going with him to prom as a friend and we're gonna go through life as friends."
"Sure you are, lover," said Madeline.
"Oh, just buy your shoelace dress so we can get out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment