Monday, October 3, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 1) (Chapter 2)

"And that is why U2 is the best band ever," said Skye to her ex-boyfriend, Jeffrey.
"You're only saying that because you want to marry Bono," said Jeffrey.
"Who wouldn't want to marry Bono? He's an Irish marvel full of truth and emotion."
Jeffrey chuckled. "Okay, whatever you say."
"I'm so glad we made up. I didn't think you'd forgive me since I was being a super cow."
"Hey, I'd do anything to be friends with you. You're important to my life."
"That's sappy but I'll take it."
"So you do know prom is coming up."
"Yeah. Ugh! I hate prom. The dress I wore last year gave me a mega rash. My body looked like a field of strawberries."
"So you're not gonna go?"
"No, I'm going. I just got to find a dress that won't make me break out or itch all day."
"Were you thinking about taking someone?"
"No, I can hardly stand men. Except for you. You're cool."
"So you wouldn't mind going with me?"
Skye stared at Jeffrey. "Uh, Jeffrey, I thought we were broken up."
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we can't go as friends."
"Exactly."
"So it's a yes?"
"Uh, I'll have to think about it."
"Okay, that's fair."
"But if it will make you feel any better, I might tell you yes later."
"Awesome."
"Not yet."
"Okay."
"I got to get to going. See you later?"
"Sure."
"Okay. Bye, Jeffrey." Skye parted from Jeffrey, going to the cafeteria in time for lunch. She sat in her spot of the table and gazed upon her present friends. "'Sup, my girlies?" she told them.
"I got us our prom tickets," Madeline said in singsong.
"Goodie!" Skye said in a fake excited voice.
Madeline took out the tickets and handed one to each of her friends.
"I can't wait to go to prom," shared Debra. "It will be at a hotel so there's more space."
"Plus, you can rent a room to get your freak on," added Andrea.
  "I don't think any of us will be doing that," said Madeline, shaking her head.
"I can't wait for DeMarcus to ask me," smiled Lizzie.
"You guys are a couple," reminded Skye. "Aren't you gonna go together anyway?"
"No way! He needs to ask me or else I can't go with him."
"That's ridiculous."
"There's nothing ridiculous about romance."
"Yes, there is. That's why nobody's life is like a sticky movie."
"I wish my life was like a movie," admitted Madeline, all mopey.
"Of course you wish that," said Andrea.
"I thought Brody and I had a thing but clearly, I thought wrong. He's going with some babe from Sweden who's possibly not Swedish."
"If she's from Sweden," started Skye, "then she has--"
"Don't correct me, Skye. Nobody corrects me."
"So you have nobody to ask?" asked Debra.
"That's right. I don't even have a back-up boy. I always have a back-up boy."
"That's true," said Skye, "knowing that you had two dates to the prom last year."
"I did not have two dates to the prom. I asked two guys who said yes then rejected one of them later, only to reject the other one and enjoy prom with the first guy I rejected."
"Well, isn't your life a fairytale?"

No comments:

Post a Comment