Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 1) (Chapter 3)

"DeMarcus asked me yesterday," Lizzie told Andrea.
"He did?" asked Andrea.
"Yeah, but it was totally a proposal."
"A prom-posal?"
"Yeah. After he helped his team win the football game yesterday, one of the student anchors asked him what was he going to do next. And he said that he was going to ask me to the prom. So I came running down the bleachers and I jumped in his arms, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'"
"Aw, was it romantic?"
"Yeah. I mean I tripped, like, three times going down the bleachers. But it was all worth it!"
"You don't say." Andrea looked down at Lizzie's beat-up knees.
"So are you going to ask Randall to prom?"
"No way, Liz'."
"Why not? Don't you still like him?"
"Yeah, but he doesn't really like me."
"You said that he called you beautiful."
"So?"
"So that means he kinda likes you. And you like him, too, so you have to ask."
"I don't think he wants to go with a beautiful woman like me to the prom."
"So you think he's going to go with a beautiful man?"
"I don't know, Lizzie! The point is that he's going to say no."
"Puh-shaw! How is he going to say no? Look, he's right over there."
Andrea turned around to see Randall stapling flyers onto the bulletin board in the hallway.
"You won't know if you don't ask."
"Fine, I'll try. But if he rejects me, you owe me a soda."
"What if he accepts?"
"Then you still owe me a soda."
"Okay!" Lizzie grinned.
Andrea turned around and exhaled. She walked over to Randall, immediately grabbing his attention. "Hi, Randall," she said, smiling.
"What do you want, Andrea?" he asked.
"Do you have a date for the prom?"
"No, I hate every girl in this school."
"You don't have to ask a girl who goes here."
"What's your point, Sherlock?"
"Okay, Sherlock was a man. Don't compare to a man."
"Did you come over here just to start a fight with me?"
"No, I came over here to ask you to the prom."
Randall laughed. "Are you really that desperate?"
"Who you callin' desperate, man?"
"Why are you asking me to the prom?"
"'Cause you ain't got no date! I'm just trying to help you out, man."
"Like I need your help."
"So is it a yes or no?"
"Why are you pressuring me?"
"You have not seen pressure yet, dear."
"I don't need to be forced."
"Then give me an answer!"
"Fine, I'll go since you have no one else to go with."
"What is that supposed to be mean?"
"You obviously had no one to ask."
"Look, just be grateful."
"Whatever, Andrea. I'm busy so can you wrap it up?"
"It's already been wrapped!" Andrea turned around and walked away from Randall, who continued to stick papers on the board. She faced Lizzie and began smiling like a little child. "He said yes, girl."
"Ooh, go ahead with your bad self!" Lizzie said.

No comments:

Post a Comment