Monday, October 3, 2016

Time to Shave Your Legs (Part 1) (Chapter 1)

Madeline and Lizzie were walking down the hallway after the bell rang, prompting the students to go to their next class. As the girls chatted, Madeline stopped and made Lizzie stop. Madeline was gazing upon a guy digging in his locker just several feet away.
"Whatcha stopping for?" asked Lizzie.
"Two words," started Madeline, "Brody Barker."
Lizzie gasped. "Brody Barker from computer programming?"
"That's the one. My buddy, my helper, my flirt."
"You should ask him to the prom."
"Should I?"
"Yes! Definitely."
"How's my hair?"
"Flawless."
"How's my teeth?"
"Spotless."
"How's my outfit?"
"Gorgeous."
"How are my eyebrows?"
"On fleek."
"Okay, I'm gonna go for it."
Madeline relaxed her shoulders and strutted towards Brody. He was a handsome guy with smoldering eyes, curly brown hair and amazing, full lips. He had the qualities of Madeline's dream guy and she could never stop thinking about him.
When he closed his locker, Madeline said, "Hey, Brody."
He smiled at her. He had a smile as good as a devil's. "Hey, Madeline. What's up?"
"The ceiling. No, I'm kidding. I just wanted to ask you, since prom is coming up, if you want to go with me there."
"Madeline, I'm flattered."
"I knew you would be."
"But I was planning to ask someone else."
"You did what now?"
"Yeah, I was hoping to take KiKi Simmons to the prom."
"KiKi Simmons? Who is that?"
"She's been my best friend since first grade. She moved to Sweden six years after but I never lost contact with her. And she just graduated from high school and decided to come back to the U.S. Long story short, she's gonna arrive here this week."
"She's Swedish?"
"I don't know. The point is I really want to take her to the prom."
"But we're flirt buddies."
"I know, but I didn't think KiKi was going to come back."
"Well, congratulations, loser!" Madeline marched away from Brody and stopped in front of Lizzie.
"Did he say yes?" Lizzie grinned.
"Does my face look like he said yes?" Madeline asked furiously.
"Is that a trick question?"

No comments:

Post a Comment