Thursday, April 21, 2016

Static Cling (Chapter 5)

Madeline sprinted towards the lunch table and skimmed on the bench, seating herself. Her girlfriends eyed her as she stared at the entrance.
"Look," she told her girls.
They switched their eyes to the door and perceived Chad walking by, hand in hand with a green-eyed, blonde-haired, white-skinned girl.
"You sent Chad to Samantha?" asked Andrea.
"Nope," responded Madeline. "I sent Samantha to Chad. I want nothing to do with him but at the same time, I want him to move on."
"You actually want the best for Chad?" questioned Skye.
"Yeah, I mean I can tell that he really changed. At least a little bit. And I need to make sure that he's out of my business."
"Tell us the truth, Madeline," started Debra. "If you weren't with Homer, how would you have really responded to Chad?"
"Honestly, the same way I did. I could've had a real relationship with him and he proved to me what kind of guy he was. But I hardly thought about him ever since my birthday bash so seeing him again made everything seem like a bigger deal than it was."
"What kind of man loves like this?" sang Lizzie.
Madeline laughed. "Better than Chad."
"I wish I was there," admitted Skye.
"No, you don't."
"So any plans with your dulce, Homer?" asked Andrea.
"I'm going to see him play lacrosse later this week. I'm making him a brownie."
"Brownie?" inquired Debra. "Singular?"
"Yeah, I told him I was going to make him one. Only one."
Skye scoffed. "You're petty."
"Hey, I might be petty but Homer doesn't mind. Besides, who needs a bunch of brownies when it goes down in the D.M.?"
The girls whooped and hooted while shooting glances at each other.
"I don't know what that means," Lizzie admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment