Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Static Cling (Chapter 3)

The next day, a school day, the teenagers were making a transition in the halls from their second class to their third class. Madeline found Lizzie in the hallway and decided to walk with her until they found their next classes.
"Have you listened to Adele's new album?" asked Madeline, opening her almost-filled water bottle.
"Oh, yeah," answered Lizzie.
"I literally cried."
"I was drowning in tears."
Madeline took a sip. "My tears would have literally filled this water bottle."
Lizzie laughed. "She's so good."
"So good."
"Do you know who's also a good singer? Hilary Clinton."
"Wrong person."
"Hilary Duff?"
"There you go. She's not that good of a singer but there you go."
Not for long, the girls stopped when they heard a guy's voice declare, "Can I have everyone's attention please?" They turned around at the same time and saw Chad standing on a chair in the middle of the hallway. Almost everyone walking in the hall stopped and turned their attention to the blond-haired hunk. Chad was holding a guitar which was strapped to his shoulder.
"Oh, my God," muttered Madeline.
"He can play guitar?" asked Lizzie.
"Yeah, he takes a guitar class."
"This is for the most beautiful girl in the school," avowed Chad, "and her name is Madeline."
"Don't embarrass me," she murmured.
Chad took out a guitar pick and started strumming the guitar with it. He constantly switched his fingers on the neck as he played. It sounded pretty good; it was pleasing to the students' ears.
"He's going to sing to you!" smiled Lizzie, hopping. "This is so romantic."
Everyone was staring hard at Chad, hypnotized by his music. Madeline was staring, letting the sweet sound calm her down. Everyone was hooked... until Chad decided to sing. When Chad opened his mouth, his voice wasn't as sweet as his music.

My life is brilliant
My love is pure
I saw an angel
Of that I'm sure
She smiled at me on the subway
She was with another man
And I won't get no sleep on that
'Cause I've got a plan
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful, it's true

Half of the crowd was booing Chad; the other half were making strange faces and covering their ears. Madeline and Lizzie just stared at him with blank expressions.
"You know, it's much more romantic when the person can sing," shared Lizzie.
"This is unbelievable," Madeline commented.
"I know. He's terrible!"
"How did he know I love this song?"
Lizzie looked at her friend. "Madeline, you got a boyfriend."
"I got a boyfriend." Madeline looked back at her friend.
"You wanna jet?"
"Yeah, I got to fly like a G6."
Madeline and Lizzie began to walk away together. Noticing that his dream girl was leaving, Chad stopped playing and singing.
"Wait, Madeline!" he hollered, reaching his hand out. "I can do other songs."
Chad held and strummed his guitar, playing a different song. He then sang immediately, as horrible as the last time.

I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
If I had the chance

Everybody was fed up with Chad's terrible singing so they did what the duo did and started walking away.
"How is everybody going to leave?" he yelled, stopping everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment