Thursday, April 21, 2016

Static Cling (Chapter 4)

The next day, after school, Madeline didn't go straight home with her car. She decided to hang out with her boyfriend, Homer, for a little while before he went to lacrosse practice. They walked through the halls, hand in hand, shooting the breeze.
"When's your next game?" Madeline asked.
"Next Monday," answered Homer.
"You want me to come?"
"Of course I want you to come."
"Then buy me a ticket."
"I thought you had money."
"I don't spend it on everything."
"If I'm buying the ticket, you have to get me something."
"Why do I have to get you something? Tickets cost, like, ten dollars."
"I feel that we should reciprocate. Can we reciprocate?"
"Fine, sure. Do you like brownies?"
"I love brownies."
"Do you want me to make you one?"
"Just one?"
"Hey, one ticket, one brownie."
"Yeah, I guess that's fair. That's reciprocal."
Madeline and Homer were so distracted that they didn't see Chad coming towards them. He almost bumped into them but caught their attention by saying, "Hey, Madeline!"
"Oh, dear," Madeline sighed.
"Oh, is this your boyfriend?"
"Yes, Chad. Yes, it is."
"Are you the guy making passes at my girl?" questioned Homer.
"Yes, bro," responded Chad. "Yes, I am."
"You need to back off."
"You should back off. Madeline, what about us?"
"There is no us," said Madeline almost high-pitched. "Dodo brain."
"Do you want me to handle him, Madeline?" asked Homer, stepping closer to Chad.
"No, let me speak to him myself."
"C-Can I at least handle him this time?"
"No, let me do it. Just give us some privacy."
"Why do I always got to give you privacy every time you talk to your ex?"
"Homer."
Homer groaned. "Alright."
He distanced himself to the end of the hall so Madeline can have a word with Chad.
"So his name is Homer like Homer Simpson?" asked Chad.
"Don't make fun of his name," commanded Madeline.
"What do you see in him?"
"The things I don't see in you. Chad, what is going on? Okay, because it is completely annoying me. You're smothering me with phone calls and messages. Let me tell you: it does not go down in the D.M. Why do you keep chasing me? I know I'm awesome sauce and all but what's your deal?"
"I don't know. I mean... I still like you. And I feel bad for hurting you. And I know I should have apologized to you right after but I knew you were going to ignore me. Since some time passed, I thought, 'Hey, maybe she forgot about it'."
"Well, I didn't. I will never forgot the night I stifled you with cake in your pretty little face."
"So you still think I'm pretty?"
"Chad, listen! I'm with Homer and I'm gonna be with him for a long time. I don't like you anymore so I'm not gonna be your little rebound."
"I don't want you to be my rebound."
"Hey, you had your chance and you blew it. I will tell you that again and again until you get it. If you wanted me then, you should have never done me wrong."
"I'm sorry, Madeline."
"I'll forgive you if you leave me alone."
"Alright, I will. I guess I haven't been so happy lately and I remember you making me happy so I wanted that happiness again."
"Hey, another awesome and amazing girl will make you happy again. I guarantee it."
"Thanks, Madeline. Can I have a hug?"
"So you can touch my butt? I don't think so."
"Right. Okay, later."
Chad walked backwards for a while then turned around to walk regularly.
"Gosh, I'm so irresistible," Madeline said to herself. "It's like a curse."
Madeline turned around and walked away to find her boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment