Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Girls Like Skaters (Chapter 5)

                Eventually, Skye started to feel better. Her head was still aching but it wasn't so bad. Many people checked up on her to make sure she was okay. But she was fine; she wasn't loopy anymore. Her bandmates soon consoled her at the table she was sitting at.
                "I told her not to do it," mentioned Kent.
                "Sure, Kent," said David.
                "He really did," defended Skye. "But I did it anyway because I'm an idiot."
                "Yeah, you are."
                Skye pinched David on the arm, making him flinch. He held onto his arm and uttered, "Ow!"
                "Skye, what you did was stupid," shared Sean. "But I appreciate it." He formed his hand into a fist so the two could fist-bump. "You're hardcore, sister. You're hardcore."
                Skye shook her head and giggled. Soon she looked up and saw Jeffrey coming her way. The guys saw him, too, so they left to give them a little bit of privacy. Jeffrey sat on the bench next to Skye.
                "How's your head?" he asked.
                "How a head should feel," Skye responded.
                "You know, you could've really hurt yourself. Why did you do that?"
                "I don't know. I guess I was trying to get your attention."
                "You're my girlfriend. If you want my attention, you can have it."
                "I know. I'm just an attention whore."
                Jeffrey snickered.
                "Why is that funny?" Skye smiled.
                "I don't know."
                "You do know." Skye softly squeezed his cheek so it wouldn't hurt. "But you're right, I could've hurt myself. I mean I did but I know what you mean."
                "Yeah. Just never do anything like that again. You're the first girl I truly like and to lose such a girl would devastate me."
                "I'm sorry, Jeffrey. I promise I won't do that again. I'll probably do a lot of stupid things in the future but it won't be that."
                Jeffrey laughed, showing his cute smile. "You're too much."
                "Are you sure I'm not too little?"
                "I love you."
                Skye just stared at him. Suddenly, her headache came back. "I-I'm s-sorry," she stuttered. "I didn't h-hear you. Can you say that again?"
                "I said I love you."
                Skye was silent again. "O-Of course you did," she slowly said. "Of course you said that. Okay." She smiled, trying to be cute. She pinched Jeffrey's cheek again, maintaining eye contact. "You know how I feel about you."
                She let go of his cheek and kept smiling. Jeffrey felt awkward, losing his smile and staring at Skye who wouldn't stop looking at him. He wanted to hear the words yet he didn't want to take it the wrong way.

                Later, as the evening arrived, Skye was with her band who were at their usual positions. Sean and David were holding their guitars, Kent was sitting at his drums and Skye was standing in front of a microphone stand. Besides them were speakers which their instruments were plugged into. And in front of them were every skateboarder at the park.
                "How is everyone doing today?" Skye hollered into the microphone.
                The teenagers cheered as loud as they could.
                "Did anyone here see me cheat death?"
                The teens cheered again.
                "Yeah, I don't know how to skateboard very well. But I know I can do one thing and that's sing. Do you hear us rock?!"
                They cheered again.
                "Let's go!"
                The teenagers cheered and applauded the band as they began to play. Kent did a drum roll before Sean and David started to play a melodious riff on their guitars for the pop punky intro. Skye began to sing over the new rhythm that the band then produced.

He was a boy, she was a girl
Can I make it any more obvious?
He was a punk, she did ballet
What more can I say?
He wanted her, she'd never tell
And secretly, she wanted him as well
But all of her friends stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his baggy clothes

                The band played louder when Skye started to sing the chorus.

He was a skater boy
She said see you later, boy
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face
But her head was up in space
She needed to come back down to earth

                The band played the introduction again then started to play a little quieter for the bridge. Skye took off the microphone and walked around, singing into it with more emotion.

Sorry, girl, but you missed out
Well, tough luck, that boy's mine now
We are more than just good friends
This is how the story ends
Too bad that you couldn't see
See the man that boy could be
This is more than meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

He's just a boy and I'm just a girl
Can I make it any more obvious?
We are in love, haven't you heard
How we rock each other's world

I'm with the skater boy
I said see you later, boy
I'll be backstage after the show
I'll be at the studio, singing the song we wrote
About a girl you used to know
I'm with the skater boy
I said see you later, boy
I'll be backstage after the show
I'll be at the studio, singing the song we wrote
About a girl you used to know


                Skye put the microphone back on the stand after the boys finished the song. David shook his guitar to let it ring for a while. The watching and listening skateboarders went wild, applauding the band. Skye smiled and waved at Jeffrey, the biggest supporter present who was clapping it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment