Monday, April 11, 2016

Girls Like Skaters (Chapter 4)

"Skye, you can't do this," said Kent.
Skye caught a glimpse of the huge ramp under her feet. "I got to," she said, looking at Kent. "Jan rode this ramp."
"Because Jan is a skilled skateboarder."
"How hard can this be?"
"How hard can this be? You can't even ride a skateboard by yourself."
"Whatever. I just want Jeffrey to see me."
"Yeah, see you die."
"At least I'd be catching his attention instead of Jan."
"Skye, you're gonna die."
"I lived a good life."
"You can honestly say that?"
"No."
"Skye, you can't do this. You just can't. You're not physically equipped for this."
"What do you mean by 'physically equipped'?"
"Your arm is bleeding."
Skye looked at her skinned elbow which was oozing blood down her arm to her hand. "Of course I'm bleeding. I'm human."
"Arms don't normally bleed, Skye."
"Well, I bleed once a month normally. So how is bleeding from my arm any different?"
"Okay, that's gross. You didn't have to say that to me."
"Look, is there anything else you want to say before I do this? Because I'm gonna do it anyway."
"Just don't blame this on me when you survive."
"Alright. Besides, I prayed when I was climbing up here. I think I'll be alright."
Skye stepped on her board in the correct position. She looked down at the ramp and took deep breaths.
Kent looked up to the clear sky and whispered, "God, you're a fool."
Skye closed her eyes and took her last breath. She opened her eyes and looked down at the ramp again. Skye pushed her board off the edge of the flat surface and propelled down the ramp. Briskly, she cleared the whole ramp. However, she was too brisk that she flew highly over the other flat surface and began to descend behind it. The fellow skateboarders who were trying to use the ramp witnessed her catch air.
"Kent, if I die, I'm gonna kill you!" Skye yelled as she fell down.
Kent just stood there on the first flat surface of the ramp. Skye just disappeared from his view after she flew over the other end. Before hearing a thud, Kent hollered, "That would be impossible!"

Skye gradually began to wake up. As she opened her eyes, her vision was blurry. She almost could not comprehend what was going on. But she was on the bench of a table with gauze wrapped around her head. She could feel someone cooling her head with a Ziploc bag of ice.
"Am I dead?" she groaned.
"No but you're barely alive," said Jan.
Skye recognized Jan's voice and face even though it looked she had three heads. "If I didn't die, why am I in Hell?" she asked.
"Excuse me?"
Skye weakly lifted herself up from the bench. "You heard me. Stay away from my boyfriend." Her voice began to slur.
Jan awkwardly giggled. "Stay away?"
"Yeah, he doesn't want you. He wants me, his girlfriend. Did you know I was his girlfriend?"
"Yeah, he tells me everything."
"Why is he confiding in you? I'm the one who's his girlfriend."
"I'm sorry but I'm his friend."
"And that's the problem. Exes cannot be friends with exes. You just can't. All exes want to do is buh-bang! And you ain't gonna buh-bang my boyfriend."
"I'm not. We're just friends."
"That's what they all say. But once I turn around, buh-bang!" Skye fell flat on the bench with her back. "Ow."
"Skye, I am not trying to steal your boyfriend away from you."
"But you are! He thinks you're so cool. He thinks you skateboard good. And you do! And I can't. So you might as well take him. God knows I tried. I almost died for him but he wants you. And I don't know what else to do. I mean I can listen to the electronic sound but frankly, I just don't want to do that. You both can listen to it together."
"Skye, listen."
Skye lifted herself up again.
"Me and Jeffrey had a thing. We were a thing because we were such close friends and a lot of people pressured us into dating. So we did but then it made everything weird. So we agreed to not impress anyone and continue being friends. Now we're friends and we're fine. I like Jeffrey but I don't want to date him anymore. Besides, I'm more into girls."
Skye's eyes widened but her vision was still unclear. "You're a lesbian?"
"No, I'm bisexual. I'm just more into girls. In fact, I have a girlfriend."
"Oh, congrats! Keep dating girls, girl. As long as you're dating girls, you and me are cool."
"Good... I guess."
"You know what? I think I'm feeling better."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I never felt so free!" She threw her arms in the air, making her fall over and land on the ground. This time, she did not put her hands out. "Ow," she muttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment