Thursday, February 18, 2016

Supposedly Surprise Party (Chapter 3)

Couple of days later, over the weekend, Madeline called Skye and asked to come over her place. Skye consented and Madeline drove down to the apartment building where Skye lived downstairs. Madeline hung out with Skye in her bedroom made for a rockstar. Madeline rummaged through Skye's dresser which had stacks and stacks of CDs.
"Can we play this?" Madeline asked with a big grin, picking up and showing a Nine Inch Nails CD.
"Sure," Skye responded, shortly scrunching her forehead. "I almost forgot: you went on a rock binge about a year ago."
Madeline opened the CD player on Skye's dresser. "I forgot I enjoy this band." She stuck the CD in and closed the player. She pressed "Play" and the first song began playing. "They don't play this at the country club."
"What do they play at the country club?"
"Vivaldi and crap."
"You don't like Vivaldi?"
"Don't get me wrong; he's off the chain from a brain. But it wouldn't kill to play some Nine Inch Nails."
Skye chuckled as Madeline sat on the black sheet covered bed. Together, they sang along to the aggressive lyrics.

Head like a hole
Black as a soul
I rather die than give you control
Bow down to the one you serve
You're gonna get what you deserve

Skye laughed, which made Madeline crack up, falling on the bed in laughter.
"Something we have in common," joked Skye.
Madeline sat up. "We're best friends; of course we have some things in common."
"I know, I was joking."
"So I thought about what I want to do for my birthday."
Skye felt her cell phone, which was in her jeans' pocket, vibrate. She took it out and turned on the screen. "Mm-hmm," she hummed.
"See, I've been to plenty of francophone countries. I've been to Quebec in Canada, France, Chad, Congo and Senegal."
Skye focused on the phone, typing and reading, as Madeline spoke.
"However, I've never been to Spanish-speaking countries. I was thinking about flying out to Spain with just my family and maybe visit Barcelona. Remember when the Cheetah Girls went to Barcelona? Yeah, so I was thinking about that. Or I can go to Puerto Rico because that's where Andrea is from. But if I bring her, then I have to bring the rest of you and that's way too many tickets to pay for. I'm not spending a bunch of money on my birthday. Yet since I can speak Portuguese, I should go to Portugal. No, Brazil! I hear it's beautiful and to be honest, I kinda want a Brazilian honey. Brazilian babes be bangin'!" Madeline paused for a bit and stared at Skye, whose eyes were glued to the phone. "Why are you looking at your phone when I'm talking to you?"
"I'm sorry." Skye turned off the phone and stuck it back in her pocket.
"Who were you talking to you?"
"My boyfriend," Skye lied.
"Jeffrey?"
"I only have one boyfriend, don't I?"
Madeline paused. "You're lying."
"No, I'm not."
"I can smell liars."
"Is that because you're a liar?"
"I am not a liar."
"Yes, you are. There you go, lying again."
"What are you up to?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing? Were you even talking to your boyfriend?"
"Just let it be."
"How can I let it be when you're lying to me?" Madeline poked Skye in the neck, making her cringe.
"Geez! If I tell you what's up, will you stop pestering me and blab about your Brazilian babe?"
"That's how I work, baby."
"Alright. I wasn't supposed to tell you this myself but... Lizzie's pregnant."
Madeline just stared. "No, she's not."
"Yes, she is."
"No, she's not!"
"Yes, she is!"
"How is she going to get pregnant if she doesn't even know... how to do the... the thing?"
"Somebody taught her."
"You're lying."
"No, I'm not."
"That is so a lie. Lizzie cannot be pregnant."
"Well, she's Lizzie. Is there anymore that I can say?"
Madeline shook her head. "You are such a liar."
"No, I'm not."
"Yes, you are!"
"Says the liar."
"I'm not the liar."
"You're the liar every day."
"How are you accusing me of lying?"
"'Cause you're accusing me!"
"I got to talk to Lizzie."
"Y-You can't. She's very embarrassed by this. We should talk about her pregnancy when she's ready to tell us all."
"You're a liar."
"I am not."
"You are!"
"Liar-liar-pants-on-fire-every-time-she-walks-in-heels-she-gets-a-little-tired-says-what?"
"What?"
"Exactly."

No comments:

Post a Comment