Sunday, February 7, 2016

Rocking on Television (Chapter 3)

It was the first day of school in 2016 and every student returned to their daily schedules. When the afternoon came and lunchtime was calling, the girls entered the cafeteria with Skye behind them. She caught the attention of a few people on her way in and they got up, applauding her. Their applause garnered more people's attention and they started clapping for Skye. She slowed down, observing the people cheering for her. For a moment, she smiled and took a bow. The girls sat down at their table and watched the oodles of teenagers applaud for Skye until their applause died down. Skye walked towards her table and sat down in her usual spot.
"Wow!" Lizzie uttered. "You're like a celebrity."
"Yeah, you're like Courtney Love," commented Andrea. "Then that would make Jeffrey Kurt Cobain and he is so not."
"I guessed everyone saw my performance," noticed Skye. "Total shocker."
"It's not a shocker," said Debra. "You rocked so hard, everyone was caught in the vibration."
"I did rock, didn't I? Why am I asking? I know I did."
"I can't believe I'm friends with a celebrity," said Madeline. "Maybe this will help boost my acting career."
"Uh, I think you should boost your career yourself."
"Do you know how hard it is to get noticed? Knowing somebody known will easily get me known."
"So you're going to use me?"
"Of course not, Skye."
Madeline switched her attention to someone else when she heard Sean's name. She looked at the door and saw Sean, who had just entered, paying heed to a couple of pretty girls.
"I saw you on TV a few nights ago," said one of the girls. She was of Asian descent and wearing glossy red lipstick. "You were dynamite." She touched his shoulder. "Do you wanna come over my house and perhaps play your guitar for me?"
Madeline hopped out of her seat and zipped towards Sean like a cheetah. "Back off, ladies," she commanded, putting her arm around Sean. "He's mine."
Hearing that, Sean's face lit up. "Yes, I am!" he agreed with a big smile, wrapping his arm around Madeline's waist.
The two girls snarled at Madeline before swaggering away.
"No, she didn't," said Andrea.
"Yes, she did," said Skye. "Why wouldn't she? She's Madeline."
"Anyway, it was totes cool seeing you on TV, Skye," shared Lizzie. "It was so surreal."
"It felt surreal just being on that stage. You didn't see my pimple, did you?"
"What? No, not at all. I'm lying, yeah."
Skye pursed her lips and smiled at the same time. "I figured. But that's okay because I rock."
"It's obvious you rock," said Andrea. "Everyone was cheering this morning before first period, they were cheering at the show, they were cheering here-- They're probably gonna be cheering when you decide to use the toilet after school."
"I thought you said that you were going to take your career slow," Debra told Skye.
"I know," said Skye. "But my manager really wanted us to do that show. And after that, so many people have been calling him, wanting us to perform at wherever. It's always been my dream to do such but now I'm flustered."
"I think you should listen to your heart," suggested Lizzie.
"Well, my heart is telling me, 'You're crazy! What are you doing? Don't you listen to your own head?'"
"Your heart sounds abusive."
"Maybe you should discuss with your band," Debra recommended.
"Yeah, maybe I should," nodded Skye. "They sit in the back so I can just go talk to them. First, I have to pry Sean from Madeline's gold digger hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment