Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Supposedly Surprise Party (Chapter 1)

"Madeline, what is that?" questioned Andrea, looking straight at the leafy food in Madeline's hands.
"It's a chicken wrap," she answered.
"Without the tortilla?" inquired Skye.
"Yeah. I'm on a no-carb diet so I won't be eating sandwiches with bread for two weeks."
"So you're gonna replace the bread with lettuce?" asked Andrea.
"Pretty much. I'm trying to avoid bloating."
"Oh, Maddie, you're so creative," smiled Lizzie.
Madeline smiled right back.
"So what are you going to do on your birthday?" asked Debra.
"I don't know. I've done everything for my last seventeen birthdays. I have no idea what I could do to make my eighteenth birthday special. You guys got any ideas?"
"Gee, Maddie, I don't know," responded Lizzie.
"What about skydiving?" suggested Skye.
"And mess up my hair?" replied Madeline. "I don't think so."
"How about going to a museum?" asked Debra.
Madeline took a bite out of her lettuce wrapped chicken. "That's too boring."
"Five star restaurant?" Lizzie proposed.
"I've been to them all."
"Four star?"
"I don't think so. Is there something in my teeth?" Madeline faced Andrea and beared her teeth.
Andrea shook her head. "No."
"I don't believe you."
"Then don't ask."
Madeline dropped her lunch in her sandwich container. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Ugh, I feel like I'm bloating anyway." Madeline got out of her seat and walked out of the cafeteria through the entrance.
"You guys thinking what I'm thinking?" asked Lizzie, leaning over the table.
"Yeah," said Andrea. "Bloating makes Madeline a b--"
"Don't say it."
"Whatcha thinkin' about, Doll?" asked Debra.
"I'm thinking about-- Oh, shoot, I forgot. No, I remember! I'm thinking about throwing Madeline a surprise party."
"Um, I don't know about that, Lizzie," said Skye.
"Why not?"
"Remember the other times we tried to throw Madeline a surprise party? We tried three times to do so. Three times and she always finds out so we never get to do it."
"Well, maybe we have to come up with a way for her to not know."
"How are we going to do that?" asked Andrea.
"Every time we make an interaction with something involving the party on the computer, we delete it from our history. Every phone call, text, voicemail, we delete it. And we invite people on the very day of her birthday so they won't tell her about it days before."
Skye nodded. "Huh. Not a bad idea, Lizzie."
"Thank you." Lizzie sat back down.
"I think we can do that," said Debra.
"Alright, if we're gonna do this, we can't be around Madeline when we're making these plans," said Andrea.
"Then that will end up looking suspicious," noted Skye, "avoiding Madeline to make these plans."
"Well, I guess we have to make it look less suspicious," said Lizzie, straightening her back. "But at the same time, she can't have a clue. So are we doing this?"
"As long as everything comes out of your wallet."
"I don't mind. I love throwing parties."
"Then we're doing it," Andrea consented.
"Yay! Oh, I'm gonna feel bad for lying to Madeline about this."
"She lies to us all the time. Why would you feel bad?"
"Shh!" Debra hushed, looking at the door. "She's coming, you guys."
Madeline reentered the cafeteria and sat back down into her spot at the table. "What were you talking about while I was gone?" she questioned.
Andrea scoffed. "We were thinking about getting you to meet Channing Tatum on your birthday." Andrea smiled at Lizzie, demonstrating that lying to Madeline is easy.
"Shut up! I would love that! Do you guys really think you can get him to meet me?"
"Absolutely not," smiled Skye.
"Aw. You guys are poor." Madeline picked up her wrap and continued to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment