Friday, February 12, 2016

Stupid Cupid (Chapter 5)

"Okay, Kyle can know nothing about this day," told Debra.
"I promise if you promise to not tell Jeffrey," said Skye.
"Or DeMarcus," added Lizzie.
"Your secrets are safe with me," said Madeline.
"We're friends," reminded Andrea. "You know we can never tell a soul."
"I just feel so foolish. I was the one who said that we should have a fun time without guys and in the middle of the day, I become a hypocrite."
"It's not the first time," noted Skye.
"But I can't help it. I flirt with so many guys, hoping that one of them could be the one. I'm just a Jamie trying to find my Landon."
"Well, we all know that A Walk to Remember isn't real."
"But I know a guy who looks just like Shane West."
"I think I dated that guy," said Andrea.
The girls stopped walking when they saw the blond guy from earlier stopping in front of them. Actually, he was directly the opposite of Madeline, desiring to speak to her.
"Hi," he said.
"Hi," Madeline responded.
"I guess we'll let you two talk," said Debra with a smile.
  The girls walked past the two, giving them some space.
"Hi," Madeline repeated. "Listen, I'm sorry for scaring you away but I was trying to prove a point to my girlfriends. So what do you want? You trying to sell me roses because I'm not in the mood for them."
"No, no. It's just that-- Well, you don't know me but I'm Homer. I bought you a rose as a Valentine's Day gram at school."
"Oh, so you're Homer?"
"Yeah. I've noticed you around certain areas of the school and eventually learned your name. It didn't take long for me to know your name since you're student body president. But I was dumbfounded with how beautiful you were and I sorta developed a weird crush on you."
"You're not gay, are you?"
"Oh, no. No, I'm straight."
"Just making sure."
Homer laughed, making Madeline blush. "So since I've gotten that out the way, do you want to get to know me a little? As in do you want to go on a date with me sometime?"
Madeline grinned. "Sure, Homer, if I can call you Landon for a little bit."
"Landon? Well, can I call you Lucy Hale?"
"Alright, I'll call you Homer."
Homer laughed again. Madeline laughed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment