Thursday, February 4, 2016

Rocking on Television (Chapter 1)

Within the last week of Christmas break, the girls relaxed inside their homes, each in their own bedrooms. Madeline was grooming her dog, Crystal, combing her long white fur with a dog brush. When Crystal was entirely groomed, Madeline put her down on the floor and let the dog run out of the room. To keep herself entertained, she grabbed her cell phone and invited all her girlfriends in a Group Chat. She text-messaged, "Hey!" and everyone started to respond in speech bubbles on her screen.

LIZZIE: Wut's up?
ANDREA: Hola, chica!
DEBRA: Hi!
SKYE: What do you want?
MADELINE: I see that none of you are busy.
SKYE:  Screw u.
MADELINE: Ha ha. What is everyone doing?
DEBRA: I'm listening 2 some serene Japanese music.
LIZZIE: I always 4get. Y do u listen 2 Japanese music if u don't speak Japanese??
DEBRA: No 1 is singing in Japanese. It's just instrumental music.
LIZZIE: Oh! Dat makes sense.
ANDREA: Whatcha doin', Maddie?
MADELINE: I was grooming Crystal until I almost forgot something.
SKYE: U forgot to put barrettes in Crystal's fur?
MADELINE: No. SMH. I forgot that Chrissy is throwing a little new year's party and invited me and told me to bring anyone. Since you're anyone, are you gonna come with?
ANDREA: OK, Y do u always text so perfectly?
MADELINE: Because I'm perfect ;)
ANDREA: Si, I 4got that.
DEBRA: Count me into the party.
LIZZIE: Me 2.
ANDREA: Me tres.
SKYE: Me not.
MADELINE: Why not?
SKYE: I wanted to tell u all in person but I guess it doesn't matter. My band was invited to perform on live television on new year's eve.
DEBRA: That's koolio, Skye!
ANDREA: Magnifico!
LIZZIE: Congradulations!
MADELINE: Congratulations have a T in it.
LIZZIE: Oh, yeah, I fergot.
SKYE: Yeah, my manager helped getting us some TV time. This will b the 1st time that our performance is televised. Pretty stoked.
MADELINE: That's great to hear, Skye. You deserve it.
DEBRA: Rock on!
LIZZIE: N roll on.
ANDREA: Spare us the deets. Who will u share the stage wit?
SKYE: McClain told me n the guys that a bunch of new artists would b there. But he also said that Run-DMC n Salt n’ Pepa r expected to come.
ANDREA: U gonna b on BET?
SKYE: No, we’re gonna b on channel 16.
MADELINE: Can I come?
SKYE: No.
MADELINE: But I loooove that song, “Shoop”.
SKYE: Then tell em that thru email.
DEBRA: I think it’s complete wonderfulness that u and ur band r receiving TV time. Opportunities like dis come once in a lifetime.
SKYE: I know. I can’t wait.
LIZZIE: I’m proud of ya, Skye. U diserve it.
MADELINE: You spelled deserve wrong.
LIZZIE: Oh, sarry about that.
MADELINE: Sorry is spelled with an O.
LIZZIE: R u gonna keep correkting me?
MADELINE: Not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment