Friday, February 12, 2016

Stupid Cupid (Chapter 4)

Later that day, the girls try to find each other as they were scattered in different places. They all eventually bumped into one another and assembled. Each of them was ready to burst with what they wanted to say.
"Oh, you guys," started Madeline. "You will not believe what happened to me. Now I know I said that I can live without a man, but let's face it: I lied. I met this guy who was so handsome and so kind. It was like he fell from heaven and landed on me."
"Dios mio," uttered Andrea. "I met a guy as well. He was fly. You know how much mami loves dulce. His smile was out of this world and his eyes... Whoo! I almost fell over when I looked into his eyes."
"But my guy's hair was like an oceanic wave of hot chocolate. Man! He kinda looked like Austin Mahone, but way, way sexier."
"Oh, it's so fantastic that you guys have boyfriends now," commented Lizzie. "Maybe one day, since all five of us have men, we could have a quadruple date."
"You mean 'quintuple'," corrected Skye.
"Why?"
"Quintuple means five."
"Oh! That makes sense."
"So who is your guy?" asked Debra to Madeline.
"The guy from the rose stand!" Madeline answered.
Debra made a blank face. "What?"
"That's my guy," said Andrea.
"Your guy?" Madeline inquired. "Uh, he's my guy."
"No, he's mine," Skye jumped in.
"Excuse me? You have a boyfriend."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Yes, you do. You got Jeffrey."
"I don't even know who that is."
"Listen, I don't care who's single or not," said Andrea. "That boy belongs to me."
"Does it make me a bad person if I like that guy as well?" asked Lizzie.
"You, too?" questioned Madeline.
"I plead the fifth," Debra rose her hand.
"This is insane. Three of you have boyfriends. Don't you think I deserve one?"
"We do," responded Andrea, "but not with the guy from the rose stand."
"He is mine! He likes me."
"What is his name?"
Madeline scoffed. "Like you know."
"His name is Milo."
"And I knew that."
"No, you didn't, you liar."
"Oh, whatever. So what? He told me that I don't deserve to be single because I was too beautiful."
"He said the same thing to me."
"He also called me beautiful," confessed Lizzie. "He said that's why I have a boyfriend."
"He told me that I was sweet and as beautiful as how the world should be," admitted Debra.
"He called me a goddess," Skye conceded, "which I don't believe but when he said it to me, I believed him."
"This is a bunch of nuts," said Madeline. "We are not going to fight over the same guy like we did last year."
"You're right," Andrea agreed. "That's why you should give him to me."
"Ah-ah. Let's not be rash."
Lizzie moaned. "I don't want to cheat on my boyfriend."
"You won't have to," said Andrea, "because Milo is mine."
"I found him first," stated Madeline.
"Yeah? Well, he spoke Spanish to me so qué vas a hacer con eso?"
"Now wait a sec. Let's all simmer down and try to process--"
Madeline didn't finish speaking as she began to run away past Andrea. The rest of the girls ran as well, trying to catch up to her. Madeline zipped through a quarter of the fair, heading for the rose stand. As the girls got closer and closer, they could clearly see Milo at the rose stand. They began to perceive that he was in a lip lock with someone leaning over the table as they stood across the stand. And that someone appeared to be a male. The girls stopped when they were a feet away and made faces of confusion and shock.
"Milo?" inquired Madeline, almost frozen in her stance.
Milo broke the kiss from the guy and looked at the girls. The handsome mystery man stood up and looked at the girls, too.
"Hey, I've seen you before," Milo smiled. "I've seen all five of you."
"You're gay?" asked Andrea, bending her knees a bit.
"How come you didn't tell me this?" Madeline questioned.
"You're cheating on me with a guy?" queried Skye. "So does that mean I look like a guy to you? Because you told me I was a goddess, not a god."
"I am so confused," shared Lizzie.
"You guys, let me explain myself," said Milo. "This is my boyfriend, Rye."
"Hey," Rye said with a lisp, smiling and waving.
"I don't care who you are," said Andrea.
"Look," started Milo, "I assume that you guys got a little crush on me. I only told you all that you were beautiful so you could buy more roses. However, it only worked on two of you."
"Okay, so you're telling me that your sweet talk was sweet nothings?" asked Madeline, stepping closer.
"Practically, yes. But I made you feel good and that's a good thing, right?"
"You're a bag of douche," commented Debra.
Madeline threw her long-stemmed rose at Milo's face, enabling the rest of the girls to throw all of their roses at him. After that, the girls began to walk away together.
"Try to keep those roses fresh," shouted Lizzie.
"Yeah!" uttered Skye.
"Don't forget to put sugar in the water!"
"Lizzie, don't tell him how to keep the roses alive."

No comments:

Post a Comment