Monday, February 1, 2016

Getting a Record Dealio (Chapter 5)

After meeting the president of Rock or Die Records, A New Yesterday successfully made a deal with him and they walked out of his office an official band. To celebrate, the band threw a small get-together at David's house over the next weekend. They had it outside in his backyard; the boys invited a few of their friends while Skye invited her best friends.
Debra picked up a brown beer bottle from the picnic table at the corner of the backyard. "Are you actually providing underage teenagers with alcohol?" she asked David.
"Oh, no," he answered. "It's all apple juice. I just needed something to put it in so I emptied out my dad's beer and put the apple juice in them. It's okay because he has a lifetime supply of beer in his basement."
"So does my dad," shared Lizzie. "But he puts them under the couch. I don't know why."
Lizzie picked up a beer bottle and began drinking it.
"Congratulations on the record deal, David," commented Andrea after approaching him.
"Thanks, Andrea," he said.
"So if you ever get famous, does that mean you guys will be walking red carpets and stuff at awards shows?"
"Yeah, I guess so."
"Well, if you ever do, can I be your date to whatever awards show you go to? Or maybe I can be your date to a restaurant next weekend?"
"Oh, Andrea, I'm flattered but I was hoping when I get famous that I would take Courtney Stodden to those awards shows."
"Courtney Stodden? Isn't she married to that old man?"
"She was. Not anymore. I'm sorry but it was like a dream of mine."
Andrea began to turn around so she could walk away. "Orale. You rockstars and your Victoria's Playboy... whatever, models."
While Madeline was chatting with Lizzie, Sean tapped her on the shoulder. Madeline turned around and almost groaned. Lizzie walked away so the two could talk.
"Hey, Madeline," he said.
"Hello, Sean," she responded.
"So... I'm technically a rockstar now."
"That's not gonna change anything, Sean."
"So you're saying that the amount of money I have won't change?"
"Well, yeah, that's going to change. That's going to change a lot."
"Yeah. So when I get some moolah in my hands, I would be able to buy you jewelry. Expensive jewelry, not plastic jewelry. And it's going to be exotic jewelry. No jewelry from the United American States; jewelry from China, Japan, France... uh, Hawaii."
"Hawaii is in America."
"Then not Hawaii."
"You know, all my clothes have been exported from certain countries. It would make sense if my jewelry matched."
"Yeah, now you're talking."
"But if receiving a bracelet from Milan means I have to kiss and touch you in places I don't want to kiss and touch, then I don't need a bracelet."
Madeline walked past Sean to look for her friends.
Sean turned around. "You could have it all!"
"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Skye declared.
Everyone's eyes were on Skye as she stood on top of the bench to the picnic table.
"A New Yesterday would like to thank you guys for coming. Whether you came here to congratulate us or wanted free food, I thank you anyway." Skye picked up a beer bottle from the table. "Here's to Rock or Die."
"Rock or Die!" everyone hollered.
"Thank you very much." Skye hopped off the bench and met up with her band.
Meanwhile, Madeline pulled Andrea by the arm. "Do you see that?"
"What?" Andrea asked, looking in the same direction as Madeline.
"It's that guy from the concert. You know, the one who was looking at me like gravy or whatever you said."
"Oh, yeah, I remember him and whatever I said."
"He's staring at me again. Oh, and he's coming over here!"
When Madeline noticed Sean who was about to pass her, she grabbed him the arm and pulled him to her side.
"Pretend we're together," she demanded.
"Of course," Sean smiled. "I pretend that we're together all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment