Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Worst Date (Chapter 1)

"I'm having constipation problems again," Lizzie acknowledged.
Skye dropped her plastic spoon in the chocolate frozen yogurt that she was about to eat.
"How do you know, Liz'?" queried Madeline.
"Well, there has been days where my mind and I wanted to... do the doo-doo. But my body just won't let me. I mean my body wants to; it's just my butt is like, 'No way, man.'"
"Your butt talks?" Skye asked jokingly.
"In my dreams, they do."
Skye made a face.
"You just probably need extra fiber, that's all," Madeline deduced. "It makes it very slippery and easy."
Andrea began to say, "If you want things to be slippery and easy, you can always butter--"
"Shut up, Andy!"
Skye laughed while playing with her spoon.
"How do I know something has fiber in it?" asked Lizzie. "Do I have to read the square of nutrition facts on the side of whatever I eat?"
"That would be helpful," agreed Madeline.
"Oh, my mom told me that some of my clothes have fiber in them. Should I try to eat that?"
"I don't think fiber in her clothing can be ingested, Honey."
"Oh, here comes my boyfriend. Don't tell him I'm having constipation problems."
Lizzie's dashing boyfriend, DeMarcus, made his way to the lunch table. He sat down right next to the grinning Lizzie. He put his arm around her and kissed her on the cheek.
"Hey, babe, how are you?" he sweetly asked.
"I'm fine," she said. "I'm not having constipation problems."
Madeline smacked her head with the palm of her hand as DeMarcus made an expression of confusion.
"Debbie, what you looking at?" Andrea asked her friend who was staring hard behind herself.
Debra turned her attention towards her friends. "Oh, nothing."
"Something," said Madeline nosily. "Tell us."
"I'm trying to get Drake to see me."
"Drake from your math class?"
"Yes, that Drake."
"Why don't you go talk to him?" recommended Andrea.
"I've talked to him before."
"Then talk to him again," said Madeline.
"Come on, Debra," Lizzie egged her on.
"You can do it, Debbie," encouraged Skye.
"Alright," Debra smiled. She began to stand up.
"Ain't it like society to lose a sister to white magic," DeMarcus commented.
Debra crinkled her forehead then relaxed herself. She was very good at doing that. Drake was all the way in the back of the cafeteria, in a line for school-provided lunch. So Debra marched towards him in the widest space of the room. He was the last one in line so she didn't have to cut in front of anybody. She tapped him on the shoulder, catching his attention.
"Hi," she waved.
"Hey," Drake bashfully smiled.
"What are you doing?"
Drake scrunched his forehead. "Getting food," he awkwardly chuckled.
"Of course! I knew that. Sorry, it was a stupid question."
"Okay."
"I don't eat the lunch here. It's mostly meat. I don't eat meat."
"Oh, I didn't know that."
"Well... now you know!" She chuckled, eventually realizing that she was losing her cool. His blue eyes and blond hair was making her nervous. She calmed herself down then let the words flow. "I bring food from home and eat it here since my food is more organic."
"Oh, I don't usually bring food with me. I just pay for it."
"Well, a home meal is cheaper."
"I should try it sometime."
"You should. If you want advice -- if you don't, I will give it to you anyway -- you should bring a sandwich, a bottle of water and a pair of Tasty Kakes like what I bring."
"I don't have Tasty Kakes."
"Oh, I do. I have tons of them."
"Cool. I like Tasty Kakes."
"Me, too. They're like petit fours but they're not. Maybe you should come over my house sometime and I'll give you one."
"Okay. Sure."
"Okay. Well, then... bye!"
She waved to him and walked off, ending the conversation. Drake scrunched his forehead again but then laughed if off. Debra walked back to her table and sat down in her original spot.
"What did you say?" asked Andrea.
"What did you guys talk about?" asked Madeline.
"We talked about food," answered Debra. "Especially Tasty Kakes."
Madeline made a weird face. "Why?"
"Because I have tons of them."
"And I have tons of facial washes but I don't blab about them to a boy."
"Tasty Kakes are like petit fours for regular people," commented Skye, chewing on her yogurt.
"Well, I also told him that he could come over my house anytime he wanted," added Debra, "and he said, 'Okay'."
"He's gonna come over your house?" Lizzie asked in an excited tone.
"Yep!" Debra raised her shoulders then dropped them down. "Man, I feel so free like a kid after taking a dump."
Skye stabbed her spoon into her melting frozen treat. "You guys really don't want me to eat this, do you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment