Saturday, January 30, 2016

Getting a Record Dealio (Chapter 1)

    One night, during the weekend, the girls decided to go to a venue that Skye informed them about. She was performing with her rock band, A New Yesterday, that night and told her friends that she would like them to come. So they all went together and entered the venue which was like any normal concert. When they arrived, there were approximately thirty people there and the band was not on stage yet. It was empty with microphone stands, speakers and a set of drums just laying on it.
    "Where are the seats?" asked Lizzie.
    "There aren't any," answered Madeline.
    "So we're supposed to stand?"
    "Lizzie, don't act like you've never been to a concert before," said Andrea.
    "I haven't been to one in a while. And when I have, there were seats. It was like an Oprah."
    "You mean 'opera'?" queried Debra.
    "Oh, yeah. That makes sense."
    Madeline scanned the large room for a while. "This is so gross. Everyone is already sweating."
    "That's because it's hot in here," said Andrea.
    "I know but since we're standing, that means that we'll be touching people. Ew, I do not want to touch anyone here. They look sticky."
    "This is what rock concerts look like," reminded Debra.
    "I don't go to the concerts. I just listen to the music."
    "Things are going to be different once Skye's band blows up," noticed Lizzie.
    "I know. It's going to suck. Not her band, just going to these concerts. See that guy right there? He won't stop looking at me."
    Andrea looked Madeline's direction. "Oh, I see him. Man, he's looking at you like you're a chicken wing covered in barbecue sauce and gravy, just dripping all over the plate because it's so saturated--"
    "Okay, Andy! You totally just grossed me out."
    "That's what friends are for."
    Later, the band showed up on stage. The audience, including the girls, began to applaud them, already knowing so much about them like they were celebrities. The handsome David came out with his blue electric guitar, Madeline's worst nightmare, Sean, walked out with his green-colored bass, spiky-haired Kent took over the drums and cool cat Skye swaggered over to the microphone stand in the front center. While David and Sean plugged in their instruments to the speakers, Skye yelled into the microphone:
    "Laguna Beach locals! Welcome to our first gig. Maybe we're excited about it, maybe we're not. The point is are you ready to rock and roll?!"
    The audience hooted.
    "Yes!" responded Lizzie. "I love to rock and to roll!"
    "Then let's go!" Skye cried like a rockstar.
    Kent clicked his sticks before banging on the drums. David and Sean took their picks and started strumming their electric guitars rapidly. Skye violently nodded her head to the surfy pop-punk rock sound. Everyone in the crowd was jumping and banging their heads to the music.
    Everyone calmed down a bit when their ears let in Skye's amplified voice. She held onto the stand and pressed her lips to the microphone as she sang the lyrics innocently yet grungy.

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders
Once I told you that we were over
I remember you dropped to your knees
Begging, "Baby, baby, baby, please"
I'm sorry, this is what is best
And I need to get rid of pests
In my life
Why can't you see
That I never liked you
The way I try to bite you
And I hated that red striped shirt
That you always wore
Couldn't take it anymore

 
    The crowd were so hypnotized by the band's music. Skye's girlfriends were having a ball as well. They pogoed like everyone else in the crowd. Madeline and Lizzie pogoed so hard that they bumped into each other and fell down in opposite directions. But no one noticed; everyone was having too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment