Saturday, January 30, 2016

Getting a Record Dealio (Chapter 2)

    "I don't want to leave you," admitted DeMarcus, standing up, looking down at Lizzie, who was sitting down at the lunch table.
    "I don't want you to leave," said Lizzie, holding his hands.
    "I'm gonna miss you."
    "I'll miss you."
    "What if the lunch line is long?"
    "I'll wait for you."
    "Give me a kiss to hold me down."
    Lizzie pecked DeMarcus' plump, soft lips.
    "Kiss me again."
    They kissed again.
    DeMarcus lightly rested his hands on his girlfriend's cheeks. "Ooh, girl. Your lips are like sugarplums!" 
    Lizzie giggled as she watched her boyfriend make his way to the serving room in the cafeteria.
    "You guys are so adorbs," commented Debra.
    "It burns my eyes," shared Skye.
    "I just like having him around," said Lizzie. "He's super!"
    "Speaking of super, I got some super news."
    "Do tell," said Madeline.
    "Yesterday, just a couple of days after my performance, I got an E-mail from this guy who manages musicians and told me that he wants to sign my band to a record deal."
    Her friends just burst with excitement.
    "That's 'great-some', Skye," said Debra.
    "Who E-mailed you?" queried Madeline.
    "His name is Mac McClain," answered Skye.
    "That's a name right there," commented Andrea.
    "How did he get into contact with you?" asked Madeline.
    "He found the FaceBook fan page for A New Yesterday," replied Skye. "That's where he saw my E-mail address. After watching numerous videos of the performance, he wanted to manage us."
    "Wait, how do you know that he's not some sexual criminal?" asked Lizzie.
    "Because he asked to see all four of the members. I don't think he's going to commit sexual crimes on all of us."
    "You want me to come with you just in case when you meet him?" insisted Andrea.
    "Uh... maybe you can wait in the car outside his house but it's fine."
    "You're meeting him at his house?" inquired Debra.
    "Yeah, he's got a beach house. He occasionally stays there."
    "Ooh, can I come with?" asked Madeline.
    "No, gold digger. He only wants us to see me, David, Sean and Kent."
    "Oh, I keep forgetting. You're in a band with Sean. Ew..."
    "He's not that gross."
    "He's the extent of gross!"
    "You wouldn't say that if he had a lot of money."
    "Ha, I think I still would."
    "Good to know because once we get signed, we're gonna mad paid. And that includes Sean."
    "Good." Madeline played with her blue pearl necklace. "I don't care... So he's still single, right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment