Thursday, January 21, 2016

Battle of the Classes (Chapter 1)

On a bright day in Laguna, the girls found themselves in the cafeteria in time for lunch. It was the middle of spirit week and for the present day, spirited students were notified to dress like a close friend. Most students went through with it, including the quintet. Madeline dressed like Debra, who normally wears bohemian clothing; Lizzie dressed like Andrea, who wears clothes someone would normally wear for the fall; Andrea dressed like Skye, who likes to dress like a rockstar; Debra dressed like Lizzie, who always wear skimpy, feminine clothes for school; finally, Skye dressed like Madeline, who usually dresses in preppy yet chic clothing. The girls felt like that they were staring into strange mirrors as they sat together at their lunch table.
"I'm so cold," admitted Debra, stretching her black crop top.
"There are long sleeves on the shirt," noticed Lizzie.
"That doesn't really do anything."
"I don't know how you're cold. I'm getting warm. How can you dress in all these layers, Andy?"
"I'm always cold," responded Andrea. "I'm not like white people who are hot all the time."
"That is a stereotype," said Madeline.
"Ha-ha, we'll see."
"How do you feel in my clothes, Madeline?" asked Debra with a smile.
Madeline began singing, "You can keep on trying but you can't always win 'cause I'm a gypsy."
"I see that you like them."
"I feel like I'm good at school," joked Skye.
Madeline giggled. "My outfit does have that effect."
"So the 'Battle of the Classes' thing is next?" asked Lizzie.
"Yep."
"Yes, a day of no learning," said Andrea. "Even in these depressing clothes, I feel happy."
"But it's a day of sports. I hate sports."
"I thought you liked sports," said Debra.
"No, I like watching cute, fit boys play sports. I don't actually like doing sports. I gets me all sweaty and if it involves a ball, it's always moist and sticky because everyone else is touching it."
"I like watching sports as well," agreed Lizzie. "I would like them in general but I am terrible at them. That's why I'm a cheerleader."
"Something that doesn't involve a ball," noted Skye. "Unless--"
"Shut it, Skye," Madeline interrupted her. "Listen, girls, as the student body president of Laguna Beach High, I am allowed to get the deets on certain school events."
"We already know that, Maddie," Andrea mentioned.
"Well, I'm letting you know again. So from what I know about the Battle of the Classes, at least three to four senior classes are combined to make a team. The classes are homeroom, first period. My homeroom teacher is Mister Kendrick and that class is being combined with Missus Grey, Missus Irwin and Mister Stockholm. I know those are your homeroom teachers but to make sure, I'm going to ask. Are those your homeroom teachers?"
"Yeah," the girls answered.
"Then we're together."
"Alright!" said Andrea. "Stickin' with the sisters!"
"Sisters with the... stickin'!" Lizzie tried.
"I feel like the battle would be so much more fun if we were together," commented Debra.
"Totally," agreed Madeline. "I feel the same way."
"Oh, frick, I forgot!" said Andrea.
"What's wrong?"
"That walking stick, Pamela, is in my homeroom class."
"Ah, boo!" uttered Lizzie.
"I don't want to be near her," admitted Skye. "Looking at her makes me want to puke then eat it because I rather eat puke than look at her again."
"I'm sorry, guys," Andrea apologized. "I mean, I didn't do anything but I'm sorry."
"You know what?" said Madeline. "It's fine because when we have each other, we have blinding fun."
"Oh, Allen Hoss is coming this way," warned Lizzie.
"Oh, crap!" said Madeline, frantically fixing her wavy hair. "How do I look?"
"Like a gypsy," responded Andrea, imitating the singer Shakira.
Soon, a handsome senior in a red jacket, who would look like Colton Hayes' brother, approached the girls' table. Madeline turned around when she felt him there but he wasn't looking at her; he was looking at Skye.
"Hey, Madeline," Allen said to her. "Do you know what the math homework is?"
"I'm sorry, I'm not Madeline," Skye awkwardly smiled.
"Oh, my mistake. You look a lot like Madeline."
"I know. It's twin day."
"You look very pretty."
"Thank you."
"You have a boyfriend!" Madeline shouted at Skye. She then turned her attention to Allen. "I'm the one you want," she said flirtatiously.
"Oh, hey, Madeline," said Allen. "Do you know what the math homework is?"
"I always know what the math homework is. It's page 304, numbers 14 through 24."
"Thanks. You got something on your face."
Allen walked off as Madeline dropped her flirty face into a softly agitated one. She faced her table correctly and said in subtle anger, "It's a headpiece!"

No comments:

Post a Comment