Monday, October 20, 2014

Dirty Little Secret (Chapter 2)

Two days later, on a school day, Lizzie entered the school around seven O'clock which was the appropriate time to come to school. As she walked down the hallway, she heard a ring from a phone. She thought it was coming from her cellphone but she started to hear more rings. She looked left and right, observing the students who were standing by the halls and looking at their phones. After they did so, they looked up, gradually, and spotted Lizzie, walking pass them. The students either giggled or gawked at Lizzie. She started to feel uncomfortable, unable to figure out why they were staring at her.

Lizzie tried to walk faster but she was then stopped by an unfamiliar student, possibly a ninth grader.

"Can I feel you hair?" she asked.

"No!" Lizzie panicked before running away.

A few hours, third period was over and all of the students transferred to their next classes. Andrea headed for her fourth period, alone yet confidently. However, she started to pass some people, giving her some cold looks. Andrea did not why random people were staring at her like that. Then, she passed more people who would make comments at her.

"You're a jerk."

"That is not cool."

"How dare you."

"Add me on MySpace!"

Andrea could not handle the weirdness. She stopped by the lockers and turned around. "What do you want from me?" she yelled at the people behind her.

She turned around, facing her boyfriend, Kevin, who was an inch away. She jolted back from surprise then quickly calmed down.

"Oh, hey, Kevin," she said. "Why do you look enojado?"

"Don't speak your Spanish to me," he said seriously.

"What's up?"

"Have you been telling everyone that you were planning to break up with me?"

"What?! No."

"Then why is everybody saying that?"

"I don't know. I only told-- I mean--"

"So you were going to break up with me?"

Andrea sighed. "Yes, but I didn't tell a thousand people."

"Why, Andrea? Why would you want to break off something special?"

"Because the thing that was special is gone now."

"Huh?"

"Listen, Kevin, I like you but we barely see each other."

"We can make it work."

"No, we can't."

"Why not?"

"Do you even like me?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Not a trivia question. I can't do this anymore because you're in love with yourself."

"That's ridiculous. I'm not in love with myself."

"So you don't care about the fly-away in your hair?"

Kevin touched his gelled hair. "I have a fly-away?"

"See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. I can't be with a guy who chooses himself over his girlfriend."

"You know what? Maybe I am a little arrogant."

"You are."

"Okay, but I really did like you. You were always the girl I wanted to have. I liked you... until now."

"Kevin, I was going to break this off more gently."

"Well, it's too late. Mass-text beat you to it."

Kevin turned around and walked away.

"Kevin, wait! Let's start over! You can't break up with me when I was going to break up with you. This is not fair!"

No comments:

Post a Comment