Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dibs! (Chapter 3)

Later, after that class, Skye waited for Bret to arrive at her English class and he so did. His seat was assigned next to hers. Once the bell rung, the teacher instructed the class to read the first five chapters of their given book. She also added when the class is done, they can answer the questions on their worksheet with the help of their neighbor.

As Skye read the book, she applied a set of headphones from the MP3 player on her lap over her ears. She played a song and turned the volume to the point where the sound was audible to the class. It even garnered attention from Bret himself.

"Hey," he said to Skye.

Skye slipped her headphones down over her neck. "Hello."

"Is that 'Ace of Spades' by Motorhead?"

"Why, yes, it is. You like Motorhead?"

"Love them."

"Wha-a-at?"

"It's true."

"I thought I was the only one here who listens to Motorhead."

"Well, now we're the only two."

Skye smiled.

"I'm Bret."

"Skye."

"Exotic."

"Thanks."

"Do you have a set of earphones?"

"You want to share?"

"Yeah, if it's not a bother."

"Oh, no. No, no. I actually do have a set of earphones, stashed right in my pencil case."

"Cool."

"Yes, I am. I mean it is."

The day after, Andrea and Debra had already developed plans to win over Bret's affections as they each both knew how to be near him. Right before Debra could be around him, Andrea could not take her eyes off of Bret in gym class. For him to notice her, she wore her signature golden hoop earrings, put her hair in a bouffant-style ponytail and tied her gym shirt in a knot in the front. She sat behind him on the gym bleachers but he did not notice her yet.

After a minute of the class waiting, the gym teacher walked out in front of them.

"Okay, class," he announced, "you know the drill. I want you sprinting in three long circles inside the gymnasium. After that, I'm going to teach you how to dance. And Andrea, fix that shirt."

"I did fix the shirt," said Andrea.

"No, I meant 'fix' as in wear it the correct way. Not 'fix' as in style it up and make it glamorous or whatnot."

"Fine."

The students got up from the bleachers and walked down onto the court. As Andrea stepped down, she walked next to Bret with her shirt still tied.

"Do you think this looks good?" she asked him.

"Sure," he answered.

"I mean, why work hard to get abs if you can't show them off?"

"No, I feel you."

"I'm Andrea, in case you didn't hear Mister Bobsack say my name."

Bret chuckled. "I'm Bret."

"Cool. Do you like sports?"

"Yes."

"I don't. But I'm very good at them."

"Any sport?"

"Any sport, especially basketball."

"How good are you?"

"Very. How good are you?"

"Very."

"Oh. I bet I can beat you in a game of basketball."

"I bet you can't."

"There's a basketball court three miles from my house. Maybe you can come over and show me what you're working with."

"Fine."

"As wine."

Later that day, school was over, however, Debra was still there as she started joining a yoga club just three weeks before. Before the club began, Debra convinced the members to do their yoga outside in the back of the school. She came up with the idea when she learned that Bret liked to study on the circle bench behind the school. Luckily for her, the members agreed and they all brought their mats to do yoga. They wore sweatsuits as intended for the club with Debra being the only person to not wear a jacket. Before she laid out her yoga mat, she approached Bret, who was reading his 'The Best Marauders' book on the bench.

"Hey," she said, sitting her backpack, "do you mind if we do our yoga here?"

"Not at all," Bret smiled.

"Great."

She laid out her mat five feet away from Bret while the other members laid out their mats from the side of her. Debra stepped on hers and started stretching in front of Bret.

"I'm Debra," she introduced herself. "Have I seen you before?"

"I don't think so," Bret responded. "I'm Bret, by the way."

"Oh, Bret. Do you like yoga?"

"I do it once in a while."

"Oh, music to my ears. Do you want to join us?"

"I don't know. I have to read this whole book for history class."

"This will only take a few minutes. Besides, yoga really frees the mind and spirit. You'll be relaxed like a cup of butter."

"Hmm... why not?"

"Great! I have an extra mat. Coincedental?"

She opened her backpack and pulled out a lavender yoga mat. She laid it right behind hers and straightened it out. Bret sat his book down on the bench and walked over to the mat to step over it.

"Let's start with my favorite yoga poses," Debra recommended. "First, the melting heart pose."

She got down on her knees and laid her hands and arms straight out in front of her on the mat. Bret hesitated a bit but he confidently imitated the pose.

"Now let's form it into the table to child pose," she said.

Still on her knees, Debra lift her body up with her elbows on the mat with her forearms facing up. As Bret did the same, he tried not to stare at Debra's buttocks as it was all he could see.

"Cobra pose," Debra instructed.

She flattened her legs on the mat and held herself up with her hands on the mat and her arms facing straight up. Bret took a couple glances of Debra's clenched buttocks as he imitated the pose.

Debra stood up then said, "Stand up and now do the downward facing dog."

She quickly bent down, shaping her body like the letter V. Her hands and feet were on the mat, making an open space. Bret, copying the downward dog pose, could not help but just look at Debra's facing buttocks.

"Debra?" he caught her attention.

"Yes?" she responded.

"Do you do squats?"

"Yes, all the time. Why?"

"Just asking."

No comments:

Post a Comment