Thursday, December 8, 2016

I'm Moving Out! (Chapter 1)

Madeline opened the door for all of her friends. They were stunned when they saw how sweet her new condominium was. It was bigger than the average apartment. The floors were sleek and boarded, the walls were perfectly painted white and the furniture were variations of sepia. The glass doors to the balcony almost took up the whole wall. Sunlight shone through and made the entire living room glisten. The girls thought they walked into heaven.
"Welcome to my place," declared Madeline. "In French: Bienvenue a chez moi. In Andrea's language: Bienvenido a mi casa."
"Gracias," Andrea uttered, her eyes on the fabulous living room.
"How can you afford such a place?" Lizzie asked.
"The witch is rich," Skye answered.
"She's right," Madeline agreed, closing the door. "Except for the witch part."
"This place is balls of amazement, Madeline," Debra commented.
"Thank you, but I was thinking about changing this place a little bit since I do live here now."
"You're not coming back home?"
"No way. My parents annoyed me enough. Besides, they probably appreciate that I'm gone. Now they can have their alone time."
"Yeah, your parents were probably just dying to bonk," said Skye.
"Don't talk about my parents that way, Skye."
"It's not an insult. If they didn't bonk, you wouldn't be here."
"Stop saying 'bonk'."
"Bonk."
"Ugh!"
"You got a kitchen?" asked Andrea.
"What kind of question is that? Of course I got a kitchen, Andrea."
"I'm sorry. I thought Madame Maddie would have to go to restaurants now to eat."
"Well, Madame Maddie ain't poor."
"I thought you were but your parents weren't," said Skye.
"I have a job."
"Not a good one."
"I think you're confusing my new job with my old job. I don't work with Penelope at the Pink Tee anymore. I'm a receptionist at my dad's firm. You call me; I can never call you."
"How much money do you make an hour?"
"Three times more than what I was paid at the Pink Tee."
"So three dollars?"
Madeline cocked her head. "Ha ha. Very funny."
"Thank you. I'm here all day."
"So am I," said Andrea. "Ain't no way I'm leaving."
"I'm pretty sure you're needed at home, Andrea," said Madeline.
"Uh, Krista and Linda have each other and all my parents do is yell at my grandpa. Therefore, I'm not needed over there."
"Oh, that's so sad you're not needed at home," said Lizzie.
"Not really. Now I can do whatever I want. I can run around naked over my house."
"Please don't do that," demanded Madeline. "Your family doesn't need to see your naked body."
"What about the girls who pose nude in the magazines that their dads read?" questioned Lizzie.
"Anyway, the kitchen is over there." Madeline pointed in its direction. "If I'm gonna get a place, I might as well go all out. My dad's a lawyer; he can afford anything. He can buy an island if he wanted to."
"Ooh, could he buy Hawaii?"
"Hawaii's not an island."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive, Liz'. So you girls want to see the fridge? None of the food in there has gluten. I'm on a gluten-free diet."
"Why am I not surprised?" asked Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment