Monday, December 19, 2016

Everybody Loves a Waitress (Chapter 2)

A few days later, the girls were chilling at Madeline's condo. However, Lizzie was not present. She did tell the girls that she would stop by. She had a surprise for them. So an hour in, they heard the doorbell ring.
"I'll get that," said Andrea, walking towards the door.
"Thank you, Andrea," said Madeline from the couch. She was reading a fashion magazine.
"Yeah, whatever."
Andrea looked through the peephole and opened the door. Lizzie came twirling in with an interesting outfit on. She had on a silky, red minidress with a short, red and white striped apron. After Andrea closed the door, Lizzie began posing for her friends.
"Why do you look like slutty liquorice?" asked Skye.
"Maybe because I got a job," Lizzie responded.
Madeline dropped her magazine. "You did?"
"Uh-huh."
"Oh, good for you, Lizzie," said Debra with a smile.
"Thanks."
"Where do you work at now?" asked Andrea.
"Isn't it obvious?" Lizzie pointed at her apron, which had a logo on it.
"Tidbits," Andrea read. "I've never heard of that."
"Oh, it's an eatery in some area I've never been."
"Then how did you get the job?" asked Skye.
"Oh, after an interview at the Eulalie shop, which I totally bombed, I bumped into a guy who was looking for girls to work at his new restaurant."
"And you are sure that this restaurant is a restaurant, right?"
"Yeah, of course. I've seen it inside and out a dozen times."
"Are you a waitress?" questioned Andrea.
"Duh! Yeah, I have to wait tables and stuff. And I get to do it all in heels." She clicked her white heels together like Dorothy Gale.
"Wow, a restaurant that lets you wear heels," said Skye, nodding. "That sounds... innovative?"
"I know, right?"
"That uniform seems a bit high," commented Andrea. "I can see your granny's panties."
"Yeah, the skirt's a bit high, even for me. But it's my size so I don't know why it's this high. But it's my uniform!"
"I can't believe you actually got a job," shared Madeline. "I can't believe it. At all."
"Well, you better believe it. I start later at four so I can't be here all day."
"Well, it's good to know that you're finally going to be making money all by yourself," said Debra.
"Yeah, how much cheddar you're gonna be making?" asked Andrea, crossing her arms.
"Cheddar?" repeated Lizzie.
"You know, money."
"Oh, money. Wait, people call money 'cheddar'? Isn't money green?"
"Whatever, Lizzie. How much money you're gonna be making?"
"About twenty dollars an hour."
"Yipes!" uttered Skye. "That's good. I'm really proud of you, Lizzie. Sorry for calling you slutty liquorice earlier."
"That's okay. I don't know what slutty liquorice is."
"Oh, it's liquorice that's red in one place."
"Shut up, Skye," commanded Madeline, giggling.
"They're sorta rare but kinda easy to find."
"Stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment