Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Everybody Loves a Waitress (Chapter 5)

"This condo is pretty sweet, Madeline," commented Lucky. Lizzie was sitting behind her, braiding one side of her red hair.
"Thank you," said Madeline with a smile. "My dad is a sweet buyer."
"Is the trial against Tidbits still going on?" asked Skye.
"Yep, and my dad has a lot of evidence so that place is going down in no time."
"I can't believe that guy was trying to run that restaurant as a brothel at the same time," shared Debra.
"If I knew that was a brothel, I would've never worked there," said Lizzie. "I should've done my research."
"Ya think?" asked Skye.
"I hate how things like prostitution is still encouraged in this world," said Madeline. "I wish everybody grew up making the right choices, not only for them but for the world."
"If one more person becomes an actual whore, half of the human population will succumb to STDs," said Skye.
"And STIs," added Andrea.
"And ABCs," Lizzie added as well.
"I'm just so glad you stopped working there, Lizzie," said Madeline. "It really shows me how mature you've become."
"Thanks, Maddie."
"But even if you still worked there," started Andrea, "we know you would never become any of those girls there."
"Yeah, most of those girls were lifeless. I think some of them were zombies."
"Well, as long as you don't eat brains, we'll still be your friend," said Skye.
"Aw, thanks."
"So, Lucky, did you tell your parents what was going on at Tidbits?" asked Debra.
"Yeah, they were not too happy about it," Lucky answered. "But they're glad that I'm okay and I decided to quit."
"Well, that's good, Lucky."
"They're making me see a gynecologist though."
"Oh."
"Funny how we're all older than Lucky and she had more sex than us," said Skye. "I feel like an old lady."
Lucky giggled.
"I don't want to have sex anyway," shared Lizzie. "It sounds like it hurts."
"Oh, it does," said Lucky, slightly nodding. "Trust me. That's why they say it's important to do it with somebody you love."
"But I don't want to hurt them either."
"It doesn't hurt the guy, Lizzie," clarified Skye. "It will seem like it does but it really doesn't."
"So are you going to look for another job, Lizzie?" Madeline questioned.
"I already did," Lizzie replied.
"Please don't tell me it's at Hooters," said Andrea.
"It's not. It's actually Madeline's old job."
"You're working at the Pink Tee?" asked Madeline.
"Yep."
"I thought Penelope disliked you," Skye said.
"She does, but she needs somebody else working there. Do you know she's the only person there?"
"Yes," Madeline replied. "That's why I stopped working there. It was affecting my popularity."
"Yeah, right," said Skye, rolling her eyes.
"Anyway, it's good that you found another job. A good job."
"Yeah, but I was also thinking about having a job like yours, Maddie," shared Lizzie. "I always wondered what it's like to be a call girl."
Skye snickered before covering her face.
"I'm not a call girl, Lizzie," Madeline defended, feeling offended. "I'm a receptionist."
"What's the difference?" asked Lizzie.
"A receptionist is a person employed to answer the phone in an office and deal with clients," answered Skye. "And a call girl is liquorice that's red in one place."
Madeline laughed, falling into Skye's lap. Skye laughed, too, hugging Madeline by the neck. Andrea looked at Debra, who was shaking her head, and could not help but laugh.
"I don't get it," said Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment