Sunday, December 11, 2016

I'm Moving Out! (Chapter 3)

Ding-dong! The doorbell to Madeline's place rang.
"Coming!" she shouted.
She came out in a sexy, red robe that stopped above her knees. She tied the belt around her waist before fixing her golden locks. She rushed towards the door and didn't look through the peephole. She opened the door, hiding herself behind it.
"Bienvenue a chez moi, Calvin," she uttered.
"Calvin?" asked Lizzie. "It's me, Lizzie." She entered with a suitcase in each hand.
"Oh." Madeline closed the door. "What are you doing here? And why do you have luggage?"
"I'm moving in with you!" Lizzie grinned.
Madeline put on a fake smile. "Say what?"
"I got into an argument with my mom and I told her that I would move out. So I did and now I'm moving in with you."
"Oh. You're moving in?"
Lizzie nodded. "Yep. I figured you wouldn't mind. Your place is big enough for, like, six people."
"Yeah, I'm definitely aware of how big my condo is. Uh, did you ask any of the other girls to stay with them?"
"Nope. I figured why stay with the girls when they still live with their folks when me and you can have fun time together."
"That's great, Lizzie. But don't you think you could've asked me before you came here?"
"Naw, you're my best friend; I didn't think you'd mind."
Madeline laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, I don't mind... because I'm your best friend. And best friends don't mind."
"So should I sleep in the guest room or do you want to share a bed?"
"Whatever makes you comfortable, Lizzie. You are here and apparently you're gonna stay here for a long time. But I don't mind... because I'm your best friend."
"Why are you dressed like that?"
"Huh?"
"You got on a robe. Wait, you were expecting Calvin. Oh, my gosh! Were you planning to lose your Visa or whatever it's called? You're gonna lose your Visa to him?"
"V-card. And no, I invited Calvin to come over so I decided to put on a little something-something."
"Well, it sure is something... something."
"I figured he and I would watch a movie and drink some bubbly."
"Is that another word for soda?"
"No, champagne."
"Champagne? Aren't you a little young to drink champagne?"
"Hey, it's my champagne."
"Okay. What movie are you guys watching?"
"Me Before You."
"Oh, I hate that movie. The guy kills himself in the end."
"Why would you tell me the end--"
"You know what you should watch? Pretty in Pink. I have the DVD in one of my suitcases. I'm just gonna go unpack and when Calvin comes, we can all watch it."
"We?"
"Yeah. You think I'm just gonna come here and go to sleep or something? Come on, you know me better than that." Lizzie dragged her suitcases out of the living room into the hallway.
"That's right," Madeline called. "I do know you better than that. Because I'm your best friend. And I don't mind that you're here. At all. Don't mind. Best friend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment